Chapter Thirteen

Cleo

It doesn't take Landon and I long to reach the training grounds.

I shift into my human form as we near the ring Talia is standing in.

I jump up into the ring, turning to see Landon heading towards Johnny who's standing off to the side.

I'm willing to bet my mate chose his beta to be my shadow.

I turn my attention back to the woman in the ring. Readying myself for her to come at me.

Sure enough, Talia charges towards me, jumping into the air as she shifts into her wolf.

I jump easily to the side, out of her outstretched claws.

I crouch down as I watch the wolf skid to a halt.

Talia's wolf turns around, racing towards me again.

This time as she grows near I jump into the air, letting River take over.

Our claws stretch out, scratching down the other animals back before I land on my feet.

Talia lets out a yelp before turning to face me again. 'Your getting a lot better.' Talia reaches out to my mind.

That makes me smile, being the daughter of a Royal Alpha meant I learned quick and was strong for a female.

✨✨✨

The next four hours fly by. Talia's been pushing me hard. Teaching me new attacks and new ways to defend.

I'm starting to get tired. Shifting back to human form. "I think that's good enough for today." I tell the female warrior.

I turn to the side, reaching for the bottle of water sitting beside the ring.

It's empty.

"Johnny can you get us more water?" Talia calls out from behind me.

Johnny shakes his head. He hadn't moved from his position by the tree, following his Alpha's instructions to keep a watchful eye on his Luna.

"Come on, I'm here. I can watch her while you get the water." Talia suggests.

Johnny looks deep in thought before walking over to us and grabbing the water bottle. "Fine." He grumbles.

I turn to Talia as we wait for him to come back.

Her face looks deep in concentration as a whizz flies by our bodies. I jump to the side as a dart lands in the wood where I was standing.

"What the fuck was that?" I ask the other woman.

But she doesn't answer, instead her lips spread into a sinister smile as another whizz flies towards me.

I try to jump out of the way but Talia is grabbing my hands, holding me in place as the dart strikes my shoulder.

My head grows woozy as whatever was in that dart spreads through my body.