Chapter Ten

Landon

I sigh as I walk with Johnny along the border. Since the fight with my uncle I'd increased border control.

Since Cleo is off the property I decided to distract myself by joining my men as we patrolled.

It hadn't really helped my mind from wondering.

Especially when we walked along the west border and Solis picked up Rivers fox scent.

I hope she's ok...

I hear a growl from up a head, starling me out my thoughts. Solis quickly takes off in the direction of the sound. Johnny's brown wolf, Mason, close behind.

We jump through a bush, coming into a clearing. The smell of rogue assaulting my senses.

Five of my warriors stand in a circle around the rogue, parting to let me through, Solis retreats as we shift back into human form.

"What are you doing here rogue?" I growl at him, it's barely there but I can smell the hint of my uncles wolf on the rogues clothes.

"I'm here to deliver a message."

I don't respond, crossing my arms as I wait for him to continue.

"You will give up your title, or you'll never see your mate again." The rogue grins when he sees panic attacks wipe across my face. I close my eyes, reaching out for my female.

'Cleo, please tell me your safe.'

I'm only met with silence. I turn to face Johnny.

Reading my face he's talking before I say anything. "They went into Artemis City. Im trying to reach Laura."

"Take care of him." I growl, wishing I could be the one to 'take care' of him. But I have more important issues.

'Find her.' I tell Solis. He's already sitting waiting to take over.

Our feet fly over the ground. I reach out for the 10 warriors I'd sent with the two woman. 'Where is our Luna.'

My gamma, Tanner, is the only to respond. 'We were jumped heading into the mall, we told her to run. Her and Laura took off into the forest.'

'One of you should have gone with her.'

'I'm sorry Alpha, we were outnumbered. Someone clearly tipped them off.'

My mind races, trying to figure out who would betray me.

'Any injuries?' I need to make sure my men are safe too. Especially since it could be one of them and I'd love to be the one to end his life.

Solis mouth salivates at the thought.

My men were strong and well trained, I had a feeling most of them would be fine. I made sure they could easily take out someone, even outnumbered.

'Clark, Damon, and Lucas will need doctors, everyone else only have minor injuries.'

'I'll be there in 10 minutes, call Doctor Sam.'