Chapter 7: Wait.. what!?..

No pov:
   He opened his eyes suddenly, his whole body felt like it was aching and his head was spinning, the while world was spinning with him.. Everything was white, was he in a hospital? Wait wasn't he living in a place called Liyue? There are no hospitals like this there.. All of the furnitures.. Everything is so... Different like if this would be the future..

   He tried to sit up but suddenly felt immense pain rushing trough his body.
Suddenly he heard someone gasping and then a second later a face showed up above his. A pretty face.. Almost similar, like if he met him before.. Soft skin, navy hair, Golden eyes. A very clean and casual grey hoodie on him.
   "Oh my god Chongyun you're awake!.."
"H-how do you know my name?-"
He couldn't help but ask, the boy did seem very familiar but he couldn't quite remember either, now that he thinks about it he doesn't remember anything. Like if he was awoken from a deep slumber. Not remembering parents, friends, lovers, anything. Just himself. He only remembered that his name was Chongyun and that he's 17 years old.
"What do you mean? You don't remember me?.."
"N-no I don't.. I'm Sorry?.."
The navy haired boy sighed in disappointment and looked back at him with sadness in his eyes.
"My apologies. You probably got amnesia.. I'm Xingqiu. I used to be your best friend.. Sorry for being so sudden."

"No no no it's alright-, It's just, everything is so.. Familiar yet I can't recall anything. And what do you mean amnesia? What happened to me??"

   A doctor walked in and looked at Chongyun, "You're finally awake young man, we were starting to think you wouldn't make it!"
Chongyun looked at him slightly confused but starting to piece things together, the doctor started checking his blood pressure, heartbeat, and injuries.
So he was definietly in a coma, and he has amnesia, he has a bestfriend called Xingqiu and currently a doctor is checking his injuries so he must've gotten into an accident.
    Xingqiu kept looking at him as the doctor checked every injury and took care of them, he seemed worried, sad but also relieved. His hand was an inch away from the icy boy's as if he wante dto hold it but also respected the fact that Chongyun lost his memories.
He hesitantly but slowly held his hand causeing Xingqiu to flinch slightly from surprise, then the navy hair smileg and gently but tightly held the other's hand back.
   Chongyun didn't understand why but he felt like he could trust Xingqiu with his life. Probably because the heart always remembers everything and his known to be best friend seemed to be honest with every single word he said.
   The doctor finished and looked at them with a small smile, he was the one checking on Chongyun every day and he knew how much the navy haired boy cared for him, he was always rectualnt to go home and the doctor alway shad to lure him out saying he can come in earlier the next day. "You may leave the hospital next week it's currently Monday 2023 April 10th. You have been in a coma for 2 months and 4 days."
And with that said he left the room

   "Xingqiu.. You seem tired.. How long have you been here with me?."

"Well.. I came here to see you every day ever since the accident.. And I may or may not have stayed since yesterday afternoon.."

"Oh my god why!? You need sleep!"

"The doctors said if you don't wake up today or tomorrow you won't make it.. I wanted to spend as much time with you as I could.. Plus I wanted to be there when you wake up."

"You're way too kind."

"That's what best friends do."
Xingqiu then suddenly got pulled in a hug, his eyes widened and he started to worry more.

"Hey hey you're injured! Don't do this!-"

"You looked like you needed a hug. I'm not in much pain it's fine."

The navy hair hesitated a bit then carefully hugged back trying to not let the tears get to him. He was very glad he got his friend back. That night was horrible for him..

-Flashback Xingqiu's pov-

"See you tomorrow Yunyun!"
"Bye!"
And then we parted ways, it was 5pm we were hanging out a bit after school. I wish I could've done something..
I took the bus to my home and started to study.
   After 2 hours at 7pm I got a phone call from Chongyun's mother.
I picked up wondering why she was calling me, did something happen?

   "Xingqiu dear.. I'm calling from the hospital-"

"Oh my god are you okay what happened!?"

"I'm okay but Chongyun is in critical condition. A drunk driver crashed into us on our way home."

"I'm on my way!" I said getting up from the desk and running down the stairs grabbing a hoodie and putting on my shoes then I hanged up. There were no bus routes right now to the hospital so I got on my bike to get there as fast as I could. The weather was cold it was still winter but all I could feel is the worry and concern for my friend.
   After a 10 minute long ride I arrived and jumped off the bike letting it fall on the groud, I ran inside panic flowing trough every inch of my body and the adrenaline making me feel like I'm about to explode while panting a lot from the bike ride.
   "Where can I see <Chongyun's mother's full name and Chongyun's full name>??"
"They're on the first floor left wing. Your name?"
"Xingqiu <last name>"
"You may go visit them."
"Thank you!"
I ran up to the first floor and ran into the left wing. It was the emergency wing, I knew it from one of my past incidents when riding a bike. I spotted Chongyun's father next to a room waiting. I ran there.
"My wife called you?"
"Yes she did, can we go inside?"
"I'm not sure if you want to see that.."
"I want to. Chongyun is my best friend. I want to see him! Who knows if I get to see him ever again!"
He stayed silent for a second then nodded. He was probably already inside before.
   I knocked on the door and walked in..
"Xingqiu dear you're here!"
"Yes I'm here, where is he."
"Over here, please prepare yourself.."
His mother said, she had quite a few bad injuries and a broken arm. Also red and dry eyes like she had been crying a lot.
I took a deep breath and walked to the bed.
    My eyes widened and tears started forming in them as I gasped in shock.
Chongyun's head was bandaged and it was still bleeding, he had a swollen eye, a broken rib a sprained wrist and lastly. Lots of injuries.
My legs gave up on me and I started crying, a nurse caught me by my arm and made me sit down on a chair while I was just devastated. The doctor explained that his head injusry and broken rib are very serious and he might not make it. This was the worst day of my life. 2023 6th of February. I knew I'll never forget this day..-

"Xingqiu.. Are you okay?.."
Chongyun snapped him out of his thoughts

"Y-yeah.. Just.. Memories.."
The navy hair said letting go of his friend.

"Oh.. Well I don't have any of those."

"I hope I can help you with that once you get out of here.."

"Will you still visit me?"

"Why of course I will! I wouldn't miss a single day for the world!"

"Thank you.. Even tho I don't remember you. You still stay by my side and make me feel safe. I'm really greatful."

"I'll always be there for you.."
Then Xingqiu quietly added that Chongyun couldn't hear.
"Always, even when the world is ending.
Because I love you more than anything."

Aaaand here we have chapter 7! So yeah this is a modern au in reality ;) Hope you liked it and I hope you don't hate me too much for what I did to poor Chongyun 😌