Ten-nis Her Favorite Number

Delsin then opened his eyes and looks around his surroundings. He was now in his room, laying on his bed.

He got up and groaned as he puts his hand on his head. Delsin couldn't believe it. He's now a Conduit. A Bio-terrorist. And there's no going back. No fixing this smoke thing that he has on his hands.

*You're a Conduit now, kid! A Bio-Terrorist. Welcome to the world of "run for your life!" And that's what I aim to do, even if I gotta go through you.* The inmate said from a flashback.

*That can't be right. There's got to be a way to fix this...Or else...I'll be locked up.*Delsin thought.

HIs door opened and he snapped out of his thoughts as he lifts his head up to see his brother entering the room.

"Delsin! Oh thank goodness, you're awake. How're you feeling?"Reggie asked.

"I'm good."Delsin asked.

"Alright, that's good to hear."Reggie said, sighing in relief.

"Did you carry me all the way back?"Delsin asked again.

"Yeah. I had to tell Betty and the others that you got hit by a car. They don't know about your powers yet and uh...We're gonna keep it that way. I don't want to spark some panic in the tribe."Reggie said.

"That's good. I don't want them freaking out after seeing smoke coming out from my hands."Delsin said.

"Oh I'd hate to think about that. Now come on. Since you're already awake, Betty's already made you some food. It's gonna cold if you don't come down and eat."Reggie said, walking out of Delsin's room.

"Alright, I'm coming."Delsin said as he gets up and leaves his room.

Later, he, his brother and Betty are now at the dining room, eating their dinner.

"How are you feeling right now, Delsin?"Betty asked.

"I'm getting better."Delsin replied before continuing eating his food.

"You're lucky you're brother is around here. If it weren't for him, you would've been hurt badly right now."Betty said.

"Of course. Um, thanks, Reggie."Delsin said.

"Don't mention it, man."Reggie said.

"And how is our Sheriff today, hm?"Betty asked Reggie.

"Doing good so far. Tomorrow, I'll be very busy since I'll be doing a lot of work."Reggie told them.

"That's great."Delsin said."So that means you'll be doing some patrolling or some paperwork tomorrow?"

"Something like those, yes. And I expect you to be in your best behavior when you go outside. I don't want to see you skipping classes or doing graffiti in random places."Reggie said.

"Sure, whatever you say."Delsin said.

"And that billboard needs some fixing too."

"Yeah, good luck erasing that."

Reggie sighed."Speaking of which, how's your first day at Honnouji Academy?"

"Um, pretty good. I managed to make two friends today."Delsin said.

"Oh, that's nice. Never seen you make friends since kindergarten."Reggie said.

"Well, you know me. I'm a socializing kind of guy."Delsin said.

Reggie raised his eyebrow upon hearing that.

"What? You don't believe me?"Delsin said.

"Like I told you. Haven't seen you make friends since kindergarten. About these friends of yours, are they good people?"Reggie asked.