Chasing The Light

School later ended and Delsin soon walked out of the entrance along with Ryuuko and Mako.

Mako stretched her arms."Ahhh, school was a bit tiring today!"

"I mean we did went through an obstacle course of death."Ryuuko said.

"Not to mention a bunch of residents shot a bunch of bullets and rockets at us too."Delsin added.

"True. It's too bad, Maiko turned out to be bad but other than that, we all managed to get to class safely, right?"Mako said.

"Yeah."Ryuuko said."Hey, Mako? Can you..give me and Delsin some space for a while?"

"Oh, okay!"Mako said before walking a few feet away from the two.

Delsin was a bit surprised."Is there something you want to talk about?"

"Just a few things, actually. First off...how long have you been a Conduit?"she asked him.

"Only a few days."Delsin replied.

"What do you mean?"

Delsin told her about the events that happened a few days back. He told her about the crash, the inmate and how he got his powers.

"You caught it from him?"Ryuuko asked.

"Yeah. When I tried to stop him, the next thing I knew I got these powers. I don't why but..I feel like some sort of power sponge or something."Delsin said.

"Huh. I see..."

Senketsu looks at her."You should tell him how you feel about him."

Ryuuko blushed upon hearing that but knowing that Delsin can't hear Senketsu, she chose not to reply.

Delsin notices her cheeks going red."You okay? Are you sick or something?"

"N-No! Of course, I'm not sick, I'm just...thinking of something, that's all!"Ryuuko said, crossing her arms.

thinking of something, that's all!"Ryuuko said, crossing her arms

"Okay."Delsin shrugged.

She looked at him and debated about something in her mind.*Should I really do it? Blast it! Why do I feel this way? This is so weird!*

Ryuuko bit her lip and clenches her fist."Delsin?"

"What's up?"Delsin said.

A little bit of courage slowly built up inside Ryuuko as she looks at him with her cheeks still blushing light red.

"Do you want to-"

Unfortunately, she was cut off mid sentence when the sound of a phone ringing is heard. Delsin takes his phone out of his pocket and answers the call.

"Hello? Hey, Reggie. Yeah, just got out from school."Delsin said."

"Oh, okay. Sure thing. I'll meet you there. Um..can you not use the "B-word", please? Yeah, you know that's just a slur invented by the D.U.P. to make people scared of Conduits, man. No, no, it's fine. None taken. I'll be there. See ya, Reg."he said before hanging up.