Chapter 2: occuping my thoughts.

"Wake up Kay, food's ready

"Wake up Kay, food's ready." Mom whispered. I guess she didn't want to startle me or something so she didn't talk really loud.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"A little after six. Come on, come downstairs." This time mom didn't whisper. She left the room and I decided to change out of the skinny jeans and tee-shirt I wore for the last fifteen hours and into an oversized shirt and sleeping shorts and I started making my way downstairs.

Once I descended the stairs I saw everyone sitting around the dining table and there was only one spot left, next to Oliver, shit.
I sat down next to him anyway, the thought of sitting on the floor wasn't particularly appealing.

"Ok, now can you please tell us how you are here right now, and why didn't you tell us that you were graduating early?" Noah practically shouted.

I sighed and decided to tell them. "When I got to the hell hole, I got the best grades that school has ever seen, I got an A in every single subject even the AP ones, the headmaster was so impressed he started giving me sophomore year tests just to check what level I was. When I aced those tests as well he decided that I didn't even need to be in sophomore year so instead I skipped straight to junior year and that is how I graduated early" I asserted. And started piling food onto my plate.

"That still doesn't explain why you didn't tell us. We would've been proud of you, you know that right?" Dad asked.

"Yeah I know, it's not that" I sighed. I guess it's time to tell them. "When I got there people started treating me badly cause I didn't know how to stand up for myself and let's just say that one day I had enough and something in me just switched. I wasn't the sweet little Kayden anymore, for once I started having confidence in myself and I guess I took it to far because I started getting in trouble all the time and going to parties and ditching classes. And I just didn't want you guys hearing about what I did from teachers you've never met, I wanted to tell you guys personally and that's why I didn't tell you guys." I murmured. And started eating.

"Oh Kayden honey I'm so sorry about how they treated you, don't get me wrong I'm still angry about what you have done, but I guess you did need that little confidence boost" mom assured. She looked at me stuffing my face white potatoes and scoffed "Didn't they feed you there?" Mom asked.

I swallowed and then answered cause you know choking wasn't on my agenda today. "They did, well at least they tried to but the food wasn't that edible and nothing surpasses your cooking mom." I sighed in content.
"So Noah what have you been up to?" I asked my brother.

"Nothing much, I started college Oliver and I are in our sophomore year now, both of us got basketball scholarships." My brother exclaimed happily.

"That's nice I-" I was suddenly interrupted by my phone ringing that was on the kitchen counter, I don't even remember putting it there. "That's mine, I'll go get it" I stated.