Chapter 21: Fuck 'Em.

"So, what would you like to eat?" Oliver pokes my belly and I swat at his hand that now is hugging my waist

I finished my period yesterday, so my stomach doesn't hurt anymore.

We are at his house, on the couch to be more specific, for our house date thingy.

"Whatever is fine," I'm not very picky.

"Whatever it is." He untangles himself from me and walks to the kitchen, me walking closely behind him.

When we reached the kitchen Oliver turned around, picked me up and placed me on the counter.

I don't think I mind him picking me up so much anymore.

"Hey, your hair looks really nice today." I mentioned.

"You think?" A cute blush covered his cheeks.

"Mhm," I nod vigorously.

"Thank you, Smalls." He kisses my cheek, now a blush covers my cheeks.

Since when do I get so flustered from a kiss on the cheek?

He continued cooking whatever it is he's cooking and I continued staring at his back, it's very impressive.

A knock sounded on the door, "I'll go get it." Oliver kissed my temple and got up.

A couple of minutes passed and Oliver's still not back, I decided to go check if everything is okay.

"Hey, who's at the door?" I asked as I neared him.

Oliver looked over at me and grabbed my hand, gently pulling me in front of him, so my back was to his chest and his hands were hugging my waist.

When I looked up I saw Lexi, Oliver's ex, glaring at his hands.

A few seconds later, she looked up at us and smiled, although fake, at me, "Kayden, how are you?" She asked in a forced chirpy voice.

"Good, how are you?" I asked out of politeness.

"Great-" Oliver's phone started ringing and he looked like he was going to ignore it.

"Answer it." I urged.

"No, it's fine, probably not important." He answered.

"Answer it." I said again.

"Okay," he kissed my cheek and went over to the kitchen.

At that same moment, Lexi's smile dropped.

"Aww, little ugly mouse is all grown up, huh?" She inquired, she always used to call me mouse, I don't know why, but I'm sure it's in a mocking way.

"Okay." I said, simply nog giving a fuck.

That seemed to infuriate her, because her faced turned red and I'm sure that if we were in a cartoon, steam would come out of her ears.

"You really think that a guy like Oliver would want to be with a girl like you?" She sneered, "Look at you, you can't even walk properly," she gestured to towards the cast, "And don't get me started on the smart thing." She ranted.