Chapter 11: Sleepless Nights And Calling Your Crush Pudge.

We are officially at the lake, we even set up the tents, we had a few pit stops on the way, blame it all on Sophia, and Oliver got slightly irritated because of our constant bickering but it's all good

All of us are now in our swimsuits sitting by the lake, the lake is absolutely beautiful with grass surrounding it, I have no idea why we are sitting outside of the lake and not getting in it but I'm rolling with it.

Okay I got bored.

"Hey, why don't we actually go in the lake?" I asked no one specific, but I do expect an answer.

"I have no idea, it was getting super boring but I didn't want to interrupt the calm." Sophia explained.

"I'm going in." I got up and went in the lake, soon after the rest followed.

ꕥꕥꕥ

"Hey," I called out to Oliver who was sitting at the edge of the lake, alone, I noticed that he was holding a book in his hand as well, the book I got him, "Do you like it?" I gesture towards the book.

"Yeah it's pretty good, you know, Alaska kinda reminds me of you, apart from the drinking and the other stuff." He means the sex innuendos.

"Yeah? I'm taking that as a compliment." I sat next to him.

"You should, she's a really fun character to read about."

"You remind me of Pudge," I say, "All innocent and cute." I just said that out loud didn't I?

"Yeah but I'm not awkward or scrawny," He retorts with a smirk, he really isn't, "And I am not innocent." He smirks, is it getting hot in here?

"I forgot what I came here to tell you." I sheepishly admit, trying to divert the conversation elsewhere, you see if it were any other guy I would say something completely inappropriate just for the fun of it, but it feels wrong with Oliver, he's not just some other guy.

"What good is it that you have an IQ of 178 but you can't remember what you came here to ask me?" He teasingly laughs, yeah well you don't have to sit here and talk to your childhood crush now do you mister?

"Well I can remember a lot of things thank you very much," I am lame.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" He asks.

My brain went numb, no seriously I can't remember a thing.

"The fastest gust of wind ever recorded on Earth was 253 miles per hour, whale songs can be used to map out the ocean floor, dentistry is the oldest profession in the world." Really Kayden? This is what you remember? Ugh, someone slap me please.

"Do you have anymore of those right at the top of your head?" He asked, amusement dripping from his voice.

I flipped him the bird with a sweetly sickening smile. He laughed.