Chapter 21: Susamaru, the Temari Demon

Original publish date.... "May 29 2022"..........!??? HUH!??

Rewritten: Feb 11 2023. Ehe☆

Recap of last chapter:

After losing consciousness inside the purple flames released from her demon brother, Kamado Nezuko wakes up in a foreign room.

There, she is introduced to Tamayo and Yushiro — two demons who have escaped from Kibutsuji's control, and have decided to side with humanity and the Demon Slayer Corps in order to end the reign of Kibutsuji Muzan.

A while later: Yushiro guides Nezuko to a riverside warehouse where he remotely detected a particular demon he had been marking as dangerous. As they enter the warehouse, Nezuko finds two lifeless bodies who fell victim to the demons' violence... and encounters not only one, but two demons individually capable of wielding Blood Demon Arts.

Thus.... the battle against the Arrow Demon, Yahaba and Temari Demon, Susamaru has commenced.

* * *

Warehouse, Asakusa.

* * *

Nezuko's grip around her Colourless Nichirin Blade tightened as she squinted a little in the darkness of the warehouse, trying to capture the clear appearances of her enemies in front of her.

The male demon with two creepy eyeballs growing out of their palms in a grotesque mutation... if Nezuko had heard correctly, his name was 'Yahaba'.

And standing next to Yahaba was the black-haired female demon in orange kimono — the demon beaming with a childish cruelty as she held two temari balls in her hands, was called 'Susamaru'.

"......."

Nezuko silently began her Total Concentration Breathing.

——That woman... Susamaru... her technique involves summoning and launching those temari with deadly forces. It's effective both in long and middle range... an all-rounder type like the Hand Demon from the Final Selection, huh?

Nezuko thought and shifted her gaze to Yahaba, who was now directing the two eyes on his hands in search for his surroundings - likely for the whereabouts of Nezuko's invisible partner, Yushiro.

She frowned, remembering what had happened a second ago, when she was blown away by the invisible attack, which assumably was a Blood Demon Art spell of his.

——A beat after those eyeballs on his palms closed shut, I was blown away with a massive force. By the feels of it, that wasn't the likes of air pressure or shockwave; seeing from the time lag of his technique, it's probably more of a spell that he launches with the cue of shutting those creepy eyes.

——The 'troublesome Blood Demon Art' Yushiro-san had talked about... he could spot me with those eyes even when I was still invisible. This guy, is a real problem, indeed.

Nezuko lowered her posture without taking her eyes off of the two demons. Seeing that, Susamaru narrowed her yellow-eyes and grinned widely, readying the two temari in her hands.