Chapter 22: Yahaba, the Arrow Demon

CELEBRATING SEASON 3(4): THE SWORDSMITH VILLAGE ARC!!
As expected, the season was amazing... the animation couldn't have been better.

(——and also, celebrating 100K+ reads on this story!! Thank you all, my dear readers!)

One last thing.... 'warning: word count', as always.

Recap of last chapter:

Susamaru, with her superhuman power and her accurate, sixfold temari attacks, quickly forced Nezuko to the defensive. Even worse, with Yahaba's invisible long-ranged Blood Demon Art in the mix, Nezuko's battle against two demons in the cramped-up environment pushed her to her limits like never before.

With her capability to simultaneously wield both Water and Wind Breathing, Nezuko fought back with an astonishing battle adaptability; but upon realising that she couldn't best the two demons at the same time in their deadly Blood Demon Art combinations, she decided to cooperate with Yushiro in order to make a temporary retreat.

* * *

Walking through the wide main pathway of the warehouse building was the six-armed female demon — Susamaru.

————rrring. ————rrring.

The soft rings of the temari balls bounding on the floor rang through the quiet warehouse building: their loud sounds and lack of intent to hide displayed the demon's provocation to her hidden opponents.

With a giddy expression on her face, the demon looked almost as if she would begin humming a light melody.

Suddenly, the ringing of the temari paused; so did Susamaru's footsteps.

Turning to the side, the demon narrowed her eyes at the half-dried pool of blood that spread across the warehouse floor; as well as at a few rats that were squeaking and circling around chunks of soft brain matter lying scattered there.

"..............."

Susamaru recalled the location as where she first encountered the security guard earlier the night, whom she'd murdered by blasting his skull open with her temari shot. Neither she nor Yahaba had eaten the corpse yet because of the interruption by the Demon Slayer—— and thus, it was strange that the body was missing at its entirety from the scene.

The smile on the morphed six-armed demon's face gradually widened.

——....I see. They collected the corpse as they retreated, huh?

"Fufu......... hahaha!!"

——The fact that the young Demon Slayer, a superhuman combatant with an aura fierce enough to even intimidate Susamaru, actually had the care and pity for a headless random stranger enough to risk her concealment.....

....such a fact seemed surreal, and unbearably funny to Susamaru.

As her smile shifted into a cruel expression.... the female demon laughed.

"Don't worry, little girl.... you'll join them soon enough, too!!"

".................is that so?"