Chapter 15: VS. The Hand Demon, Round 2

Recap of last chapter:

Nezuko and Nagisa encountered the Hand Demon on their second night in the Final Selection. While Nezuko engaged the massive morphed demon, Nagisa became paralysed and was rendered unable to fight.

After a furious battle, Nezuko was caught off guard and was knocked unconscious onto a tree. As the Hand Demon extended an arm towards the unmoving Nagisa, suddenly Shinazugawa Genya appeared to protect her.

* * *

—— ??? ——

* * *

—————All human beings have a bodily shape that is biologically set for themselves even before birth.

Everything about one's body are genetically programmed to be as it is: all from the shapes and mass of their flesh, muscles, organs, and bones.

———such characteristics were determined and passed over for millennia during the evolution of the human race... and were never meant to deviate from the predetermined model.

In other words, once born as a human being..... one is never meant to be shaped in any other form than that of a human being.

".........but if..... by any means, the shape of one's body was forcefully altered."

".....the human mind isn't built to be able to bear such a burden."

"And.... thus........"

* * *

——Mt. Fujikasane. Present Day.——

* * *

".......Damn it all."

Shinazugawa Genya growled in a deep voice as he faced the massive morphed demon with arms growing out from all over its body.

The boy, who had a rather small stature, gritted his teeth as he squeezed his left grip around the demon's arm, which he held in place from reaching the grey-haired girl sitting sprawled behind him.

Quickly using his open right arm, he drew his katana and swung it down onto the greenish arm, slashing it off.

Despite its arm was cut off, the demon seemed rather unfazed as it retreated its severed limb, while narrowing its eyes at Genya.

"—————another one, huuuh?"

While the demon muttered, Genya readied his katana into a battle posture.

——But even as the boy did so, he quietly understood.

Standing in front the abominable monster —— he immediately realised the fact that it was probably impossible to defeat the morphed demon by himself.

He thought about the two individuals whom he had seen while hiding in the trees until just a few seconds before.

——That dude with a fox-mask who had been holding back this demon... he got knocked out over there just now.

——And the other girl..... I can't count of her to fight.

——Damn it... why am I involved in such a mess....?