Chapter 23: To Live

......K-Kanao??

* * *

---Rewritten as of September 2023!! 

I kinda screwed up the plot so I've revised some parts! ...Nezuko was nerfed.... I guess?

Recap of last chapter:

Fierce battle concluded inside the warehouse building that stood by the Sumida River of Asakusa — Nezuko managed to slay the Temari-throwing demon, Susamaru, after a desperate battle......yet, a surprise attack from the Arrow Demon Yahaba left her thrown out of the warehouse onto a wide platform by the river. 

Now she stands alone to face the demon who uses a powerful Blood Demon Art, without a weapon and injured all over.... as a drop of tear rolls down her cheek.

***

PAST MIDNIGHT: PLATFORM BY THE SUMIDA RIVER, ASAKUSA.

* * *

Weakly, Nezuko lifted her heavy arm and wiped away at her cheek with her damaged uniform sleeve.

"———————"

The girl's small build, standing unstably with her back against the pitch-black water body of the Sumida River, battered all over with scars and abrasions... the appearance of hers was so fragile that it looked like the soft evening breeze might knock her unconscious to the floor any second.

The talisman given by Yushiro was so soiled that it almost seemed to fall off from her forehead... but whether it was by chance or by the will of its spellcaster stuck under the rubble... the paper was miraculously, still intact.

The girl's pink-purple pupils that quivered in their sockets glowed up in a reddish light, indicating that Yushiro's spell was still in effect....

......allowing the girl to see the multiple Crimson Arrows conjured into the air all around the short-haired demon, who was approaching her amidst all the scattered rubble and destroyed boxes on the riverside platform outside the warehouse.

The Arrow Demon, Yahaba, warped his mediocre facial features in rage.

".....I finally cornered you... You will pay, filthy brat...!!"

Veins popping across his face, the demon bared his fangs as he exclaimed.

"Never have I been this enraged.... I will tear you apart alive by your limbs, I swear it...!!"