Chapter 5 - let's Spend Some Dollars

"Failure to complete any given mission for any given rank is unforgivable. Punishment to be decerned by the severity of the crime."

I slammed my fist into the bag, welcoming the pain and shoving the rule down into the dark fucking corner of my mind. It's time for its timeout.

It's never been my favorite rule. The fact that I hadn't killed Alexander would result in my death. There was nothing he, or I can do about it. And because he is the Mafia king, that makes it even worse. Because I failed to kill one of the most important people you can be sent after, my death will be slow, and painful.

Such a cheery thing to look forward to.

It's been a week since that stupid deal, and he still refuses to tell me what mission he needed me for. I think he just wants me here. He insisted on calling me Princess, and the stupid endearment makes my heart skip a small beat every time, and I can't fucking figure out why.

It's a fucking curse that Alexander is so damn hot. Too bad I only fuck subs. I grinned as I remembered the last time I had a lover. Oh, how wonderful his moans sounded as he pulled the chains endlessly, desperately thrusting himself into my mouth. I made him cum so many times- I'm quite proud of him for not passing out. It's unfortunate he was too tired to return my favor, really. Another night I was left unsatisfied and stained in his cum.

"Princess?" Alexander's voice broke through my thoughts, and I groaned, the sweet memory of my last fuck being banished from my mind.

"What do you want?" I demanded impatiently, my arousal from my memories making me flush.

"You're bleeding." He pointed out, his blue eyes leaving mine for a brief second to gesture to my hand. I unfolded my fist, shaking out my sore hand and examing the cut. I shrugged, not caring about the simple injury. Alexander walked towards me, and suddenly, I was trapped in between him and the wall, his warm hand around my wrist as he examined the cut for himself. I was breathing heavy, his dress shirt rubbing against my bra and naked torso in a way that had me melting against the hard wall.

"That's the second time in a week, princess. Don't be so violent." He grabbed the bandages off the table next to us, keeping me pinned against the wall with his weight. I rolled my eyes in protest, leaning back against the wall and trying to get away from the heat in his eyes.

"I have my reasons to be violent. Wouldn't want people thinking they can get into my pants for free." I raised my eyebrow at Alexander as he wrapped my knuckles in a soft bandage. His body was molded to mine, as last time he tried to take care of me, I kicked him in the dick. His eyes narrowed slightly as he focused on my hand, wrapping it up carefully. My eyes were drawn to his arms. He had his sleeves rolled up past his elbows, just the way I liked it. If forearms could be described as sexy, he would win. God, if the whole word sexy needed to be shown, Alexander would be the model.

"I'm going out," I announced, needing to do something, anything but think. Alexander got up so fast that I simply blinked and he was standing directly in front of me.

"No, your not." He said, glancing up at me quickly. I poked his very muscular chest.

"And why is that?" I poked him again, just because I knew it made him mad, and he grabbed my hand, holding it tightly within his. I looked up at him, trying to pull my hands out of his grip.

"Because I can't protect you when you are outside of this house." I sighed and twisted my wrists, pulling them away from Alexander and adjusting the bandage he had placed on my left hand.

"I can protect myself," I said, glaring up at Alexander. He smirked down at me.

"I know." Came his short reply. I rolled my eyes.

"Can I at least go shopping? I don't want to wear your sweatshirts forever." That was bullshit, I love to wear his sweatshirts. They were big and baggy on me, and they always smelled like him.

"Only if I go with you." He stated. I groaned, frustrated. I pushed him away from me, sliding out from between his warm body and the hard wall. I grabbed his hoodie from the table it sat on, sliding it over my body before leaning against the table and studying Alexander. He adjusted his shirt, and the flash of a gun called at me from his waistband. I chuckled.

"It's cute that you have to have a gun whenever you're around me, Alexander." I winked at him as he chuckled, tension passing easily between us. He discarded my sentence, stepping closer to me until I had to tilt my chin up to see his eyes.

"Let's go shopping."

"Not with you," I added.

"You either go with me or not at all." Alexander reached for my arm, and I pulled it back, glaring at him.

"Fine, I won't go." I folded my arms.

"Fine. Walk around naked then. I want my sweatshirts back." He said. His blue eyes lit up with excitement. "Actually maybe you should start walking around naked." I half-heartedly punched his chest, chewing my cheek.

I hadn't been shopping in forever... I didn't want Alexander to go with me. "I've gotta go get my wallet, I'll be right back," I said, pushing off the table and walking past him.

"Why do you need your wallet?" He asked.

"To pay? Normally, that's how shopping works?" I said, sarcastically. He chuckled, and I looked back at him.

"I'd be paying, either way, princess." He stepped close to me again, his body heat flushing my face as my eyes were drawn away from his handsome face to the skin I could see of his chest due to the two buttons he kept undone. The tattoos that I was terribly curious about peaked through the thin fabric, and I swallowed, ignoring the tension that his body brought to me.

"Fuck." I blew out my cheeks, remembering that my wallet, my phone, everything important had been destroyed in the bomb. I shuddered a bit, remembering the fire and metal. "You're a bitch." I joked. He nodded, smirking down at me. He pulled me towards him again. I let him this time, not entirely disliking it.

"Let's go." He said, not letting go of my arm as he walked away, dragging me with him.

"Wait! I'm not ready!" I yelled, exasperated. He turned around, eyeing me up and down.

"How the fuck are you not ready?" He said. I yanked my wrist out of his grip.

"Stay here. I'll be back in a bit" I said. I quickly ran through the house and found a handgun. While Alexander was merciless with his kills, you can never be too sure.

I ran back to Alexander. He looked up at me, his expression is annoyed and bored. I pushed past him, going out into the garage. Alexander followed me. His body heat warmed my back, warming my soul.

I stared around the huge garage. Who the fuck needs this many cars?! Alexander brutally pushed past me, heading towards a black mustang. He opened the door for me and I slid into the car, running my hand over the leather seats and admiring the luxury. I'd never sought out a rich life, though I could've with the amount of money I have. I don't care for the fancy shit, but this? This made me feel earned.

Alexander shut my door and ran to his side of the car. He got in, and we shot out of the house. I stared out the window, the leather seats sticking to my thoughts because I wore shorts. "Where are we?" I asked, taking in the snow and the mountains that were far too unfamiliar.

"Masco, Russia." He said, expertly sliding the mustang onto the heavy traffic on the freeway.

"That's quite aways from Canada," I said, turning to him. "Why did you do it?" I asked. " You didn't need to save me," I said, looking at him and studying him as he drove. His eyes flicked to mine, and his hand tightened around the wheel for a second before he released a sigh.

"I don't fucking know."