Chapter 44 - Destroyed

Alex's POV

Her fingers stopped clutching mine, and Aron pulled me away from her. I scrambled back to her, just wanting to hold her, kiss her. Aron pulled me back as I sobbed and screamed for my girl. My limbs were spinning, my head dizzy. I couldn’t focus on anything.

His arms wrapped around my shoulders as he pulled me out of the room. He sat me down in a chair, and I gritted my teeth. Zenna sat down next to me and rubbed my back. I savagely ran my hands through my hair, leaning back against the wall and trying to calm down. Tears made their way down my face and I savagely wiped them away. I looked at Zenna.

"She can't remember me. Not right now.” Zenna looked sad.

"I know." She said. I nodded, leaning forward and putting my spinning head in my hands. I felt like puking.

"What did you need to tell me, Aron?" I asked. 

"Not now." He said. I shook my head, again, dropping my head and looking up at him. 

"No, tell me now," I demanded. Aron sighed.

"Ivor escaped in one of the helicopters. He is in New Jersey now, looking for her family. Zenna managed to hack into the security system and hide Audrey's parent's address, but we don't know for how long it will last." He said. Anger unfurled in me like flames in a bonfire. 

I knew that I had hidden her family, but would that be enough? Would they be safe? 

Fuck it, I'm too tired of always running from him. 

I'm going to fucking murder him for what he has done. No torture, as he doesn’t deserve my time. Cold-blooded murder. For Audrey. 

"Get my plane ready," I stood up, looking at my Princess one last time before I made this world a better place for her. 

She was so perfect. I unconsciously promise her that when I have built that powerful kingdom, I will come for her and love her. I will make it so that she never has to feel numb, or go into that dark mental space ever again. But first, I have to kill my father and build a kingdom. 

"How do I tell the story without you in it?" Zenna gently asked. 

"Just tell her that I disappeared after the first bomb. When it’s safe, I will tell her the real story, if she still wants me." I exhaled. Zenna nodded. 

"You," I pointed at Aron. "Stay here, with Zenna and I swear to god if you two motherfuckers don't get together, I will make you," Arons's eyes widened and I smirked through the numbness in my body. 

I looked at Audrey one last time. 

"Goodbye, princess," I whispered. "For now."

Then I turned around, walking out of the hospital. I climbed into my car and sped to the airport. Everything was rushing by me in a blur of anger. It was all overwhelming to the point that I could barely see anything, but I still drove. 

I was blinded by anger, determination, and love. Everything I ever wanted yet nothing

I called James, explaining everything. He told his family, and my guilt deepened when I heard the sobbing. I hung up after James assured me they were safe in my mansion. I drove around to the back of the airport, taking the private entrance and pulling onto the runway that was reserved for important people. The plane was ready for me, and as soon as I said the word, I was on my way to New Jersey. I took the opportunity to arrange a new bomb dropping.

The fight to New Jersey was two hours, and it took me three hours to find my father. He wasn’t in a hotel, but rather in a house far away from the city. Huge mistake, if you ask me.