Chapter 47 - Again

Alex's POV

The last three years have just about killed me. I don't know if I would have survived if I didn't succeed in my goal. But I did. I was more powerful than ever, and every man and woman in my army was trained for anything. I was king.

I had asked Zenna to update me on how Audrey was doing once every two weeks, and I think that is what truly pushed me through everything.

I officially became the Mafia King. No one dares to disobey me. No one has half a brain cell if you ask me.

I had become the full picture of a Mafia King. The tattoos that were required for a Mafia King were now sprawled out on my body. The ones that bound me to the Mafia. I knew I had my gang symbol somewhere. The rest I had just gotten because I was addicted to the pain. I would be lying if I said that I knew what each of the tattoos meant. I only know what three of my tattoos mean. One of them is angle wings, for my baby that I never got to raise. The other is a rose thorn wrapping around a heart, for Audrey, and the other is a dagger, exactly like the one she has.

Turns out that my mother was never dead. She managed to survive getting stabbed five times. She gathered the remnants of my father's gang and has been training them for war. Then the dumbass attacked the France gang. My new alliance with the French meant that I was bound to send people out, to help, and defend. Half of the men that I sent out never returned.

My army was crushed after we stormed my father's bass. Barely a third of them remained, and now I had barely a fourth of an army, but they were better trained than ever. My strongest people were by far Audrey, Zenna, and Aron, probably in that order. I have been training new people, but they will never be ready in time for my mother's armies. I just have to hope I have done well enough to not send my mafia on a suicide mission.

I sighed as I sat at the bar. I felt so empty, despite achieving the goal I needed to. I wanted more than anything to talk to Audrey, and that's why I was here, at my favorite club, The High. I normally would be downstairs, overseeing the BDSM activities and participating in some of the scenes, but that wasn't my plan tonight. I knew she wouldn't go down there without someone. She was curious about the pit, and maybe in a few weeks, I can show her, maybe even scene with her.

I have tried to fill the hole in my heart that used to be Audrey, but it is impossible. I've tried other girls in case Audrey doesn't want me after how much we have changed, but I only want Audrey. No other woman will fill that hole for me.

I stared as the door to the club swung open and Audrey walked in.

Fuck. An emotion that wasn't anger made its way through my heart.

She wore the red dress that I had bought for her all those years ago, and it clung to her body in such a way that I wanted to kill anyone that so much as looked at her.

She made her way to the back of the bar, seducing the spy that I had sent her after. Jealously and anger surged through me as she stroked his leg, touching his dick. She got up, with the pervert following her. As she neared the door to the alley, she looked straight at me.

It was as if the word had gone silent. All the people in between Audrey and me seemed to disappear, and her eyes widened slightly as she stared at me. I drank her sight like a man that had no water.

I noticed the edge of a tattoo peeking out under the dress on her thigh and another one on her collar bone. Her hair was still the brown that I love, but she now had blonde highlights. Her red dress clung to her body, showing her curves. Her ass and her chest had grown in the past two years, her muscles more defined than they were before my father destroyed her.