Chapter 55 - Revenge

Alex's POV

I squeezed her hand one last time before unlocking the car doors. I got out as fast as I could, walking around the car to open her door. She sent a tired smile my way, kissing my cheek before walking into her flat. She was playing with the necklace that had my ring on it, and I couldn't help the feeling of possessiveness that came over me at the sight of my ring around her neck. I watched her go, smiling reassuringly at her when she looked back at me.

There is no way this girl is real.

After everything that happened tonight, from the perfect sex to her memories coming back to the kidnapping, she was just... perfect.

Even as she was clinging to me, sobbing because of what she was forced through, even as she passed out in my lap because she was so damn tired. I could no longer remember anything that Audrey did that didn't cause me to fall harder and harder for her.

I climbed back into the car, my mind lingering on her even as I called up Aron, asking him to get the security footage of everything that happened in Calgary 2,004 days ago. I knew that he was getting married in a couple of days and that he was taking a break from work, but he understood that I would stop at nothing to avenge Audrey.

I looked through everything as I pulled up to the airport, absentmindedly playing with my rings.

I was going to go back, and w-we would have worked it out together, but I woke up, and, and hands, Alex. they were everywhere. they cause me so much pain, hands.

She had been panicking again when she told me she was kidnapped, and I didn't know how to break through to her. I had been seconds away from saying her safeword just to get her to recognize that she was safe and I would never, ever allow her to be hurt again. I need her to know that I would stop at nothing short of burning the entire world down if it ment she would be happy and safe.

And finally, I found security footage from a single camera in a park. The footage showed me a small car with no driver. I zoomed in the best I could with the limitations of the camera and caught sight of a shadow in the back of the car. A flash of lightning lit up the scene for a mere second, but it was enough to confirm that Audrey was in that car.

I watched the camera change angles of the park for about an hour, and each time it landed back on Audrey's rental car, I held my breath, waiting for the men she said kidnapped her to show up. I waited, patiently, feeling my power and anger build up as I caught sight of exactly seven men pouring out of a black van.

They broke into my girls' car, the window shattering all over her. I pursed my lips, adjusting in my seat as I waited for just one of them to show their face. Just one. One of the men kept glancing around, extra apprehensive. I stared at that one, in particular, just waiting for for the mask to come off and the face to be shown.

More anger washed over me in waves as I saw the men brutally drag her from the car, her silent screams somehow the loudest thing I've ever heard. She was fighting harder than she ever fought me, but I could practically see it as the light in her eyes died as the chloroform acted up.

I clenched my fists, the need to punch someone getting worse and worse. The veins in my arm stood out, and I adjusted my jaw, pissed off.

Show your face, and finish what you started.

They loaded my girl into the back of their fucking van, taking off their masks and speeding away. I followed the van using the highway's cameras.

They stopped at my father's base which was now a fucking hold in the ground. They didn't bother to be gentle with her body as they hauled her out.

Show your fucking worthless face so I can lose control.

The one that seemed super apprehensive earlier jumped when the sky thundered and glanced up. I grinned as he unconsciously looked straight into the camera. I paused it there, pulling up the facial recognition program on my phone and running it.

Oh, my fucking hell. Jackass's son. The bitch who called Audrey a whore the night of that party before our first time. I had killed him and never thought twice about it, but now it was biting me in the ass. The son must have been so apprehensive because he knew I would find him sooner or later and her would have to pay for what he did.

And pay he did.

I tortured the information out of him as to why he kidnapped my girl and who else was with him. By the time I was done with him he was barely alive. I left him like that, promising to come back later and finish him off. The other six buddies of his pay in the same way.

With their life.

And when I flew back to Russia all I could think about was her. What I had planned for tomorrow and how beautiful she was going to look in the dress for Zenna's wedding.

Audelia has been consuming my every action, every word, and every thought for the past 2,004 days. Now that I've had her in my arms, I won't let go.

For now, there's a promise of her punishment lurking for tomorrow. The promise I made when I fucked her in her childhood shower. I plan to make good on my word, even if it means I have to carry her for the wedding rehearsal tomorrow. If we were home right now, I'd tie you down and edge you until you yelled your safeword and then I'd help you get your energy back. After, I'd make you cum so many times you pass out. That, princess, is the punishment that awaits you when this shit is over, this I promise. And after, we will take a bath with that rose soap you love, and I'll cook you the best damn pancakes you've ever had because I know you love them, and then we can cuddle on the couch with a movie and sharpies until you fall asleep. And then you'll wake up to my head between your legs.

I've found you, my love, and I never plan on letting you run out of my life again. I understand why you did it, and I understand that it is nowhere near your fault. But I still promised you a punishment, one I greatly look forward to.

A/N

A little bit of a shorter chapter. We are nearing the end of the book, but I'm thinking of writing an epilogue. If you have any ideas of what you want to see in the epilogue, please comment them for me.

You're amazing <3