XXIX. Talking Is Hard

another quick update just bc it's the fourth of july :) x

(song: tear in my heart by twenty one pilots)

"Thank you so much for dinner, Alex!"

"It was no problem at all. You guys are welcome anytime!"

"Bye guys, see you soon," Harry said, waving at Alex and Steve. We walked to the car.

"Hey, what time is it?"

Harry pulled out his phone to check.

"It's 11:49."

"You wanted to listen to Walk The Moon's new album, right?" I smirked.

"Say no more."

Harry started the car and we drove to the park near my house, getting there in 9 minutes.

"I preordered the album on iTunes like last week," Harry said, "We can listen to it as soon as it downloads."

"Perfect."

I sat down on the grass, Harry doing the same beside me. We had about two minutes to spare until the album was available to download.

At dinner, all I could think about was how strange it was that I had kept this whole adoption thing from Harry for so long. I know I can trust him, and I've known him long enough to know he's not a very judgmental person. I wouldn't have anything to worry about, but for some reason, I just never find the chance to tell him.

But now is my chance.

"Harry I need to tell you some--"

"Oh it's downloading now!" Harry turned his phone to me to show the songs slowly archiving to his music library. I smiled at him in response, unsure of how else I was supposed to react. I decide to keep trying to tell him, maybe it'll take as long to tell him as the music takes to download.

"Um, anyway, I was about to tell you--"

"Do you wanna start listening now? Three songs have already downloaded," Harry asked.

"Oh wait I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"Um, nothing. I'm just really excited to listen to their new music," I slightly smile at him. He smiles back.

I mentally sigh, upset that I couldn't bring myself to tell him. I would've, I really would have, but two interruptions in a row? That's gotta be a sign. Clearly the universe does not think its a good idea to tell him right now. I can't follow through.

"Here it is, Talking Is Hard," he says, showing me the album on his phone.

"You got that right," I mumble quietly to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing."

Harry shrugs and plays the first track. We lay there, listening to the music and watching the sky above us, the stars and the moon illuminating the atmosphere.

"Ooh, what's this one called? I love it already," I commented after a few songs.

"Uh, Avalanche."

"This one's my favorite," I claimed.

"It's only the fifth song," Harry laughed.

"So? I love it!"

"You know what I love?"

"What?"

"You."

"Aw, Harry," I cooed, leaning over to give him a kiss. "I love you."