XIV. Talent

(song: jenny by walk the moon)

"You know, I can play guitar," Harry boasted as we sat on the couch on the second level of Good Tunes as CDs played in the background. We were currently listening to Walk The Moon, I've been obsessed with them lately. This is probably the third time we've listened to this album together.

"Sure you can."

"I really can!"

"Mhm."

"I can sing too," he continued telling me his musical talents and I was actually really curious to see if he really was talented or just too confident.

"Prove it," I challenged and pointed to the guitars located in the center of the room. He smirked at me and walked over to the instruments, eyeing them before picking up one of the electric guitars.

"Any suggestions?" He raised his eyebrows at me and I thought about what he could play and sing.

"Do the next song that plays on this album."

"You got it, babe."

Just then, the current track, Tightrope, ended and the next one started. A smile grew on my face; this was my favorite song.

"Jenny, this one is sick," Harry said as I rewinded the song and paused it before it started again so he can prepare.

"You sure you're up for it?"

"Definitely. To be honest, after you showed me this song the first time I kinda just listened to it on repeat when I got home."

"So then I guess you'd have no problem singing and playing without the track in the background," I said and took the CD out of the player.

"No problem at all," he smirked yet again and put the guitar strap over his shoulder. He cleared his throat multiple times the way a nervous and awkward person would before making a speech, seeming genuinely nervous about singing Jenny. Just when I thought that Harry Styles actually wasn't confident all the time, he began playing extremely well and all signs of nervousness vanished.

To my surprise, he was actually incredible. I should've started recording him or something, but became too mesmerized by his singing to move a muscle.

"You've got curves like the ocean, gonna take it in slow motion, got emotions that'll make it last," his voice was smooth and deep, it actually gave me goosebumps. He continued to sing effortlessly, as if it was a common thing for people to sound so good naturally.

He looked so concentrated while singing our favorite song off the album, his brow was furrowed a little when he tried to remember lyrics and chords, but occasionally he would just make up his own chords and smile at me when he saw how fascinated I was.

"Jenny's got a body just like an hourglass but I'm taking my time, I'm taking my time, I wanna be the sand inside that hourglass, take it slow, oh, oh, gonna make it last," his arms flexed a little bit every time he strung the guitar and I found myself staring at him; his face, his arms, his lips... Oh God, Steve might've been right.

I was amazed at how Harry could do the cool guitar riffs in the song while barely thinking about it. Or at least appearing as though he's barely thinking about it. I was so distracted I didn't notice that Harry kept slowly walking closer and closer to me as he sang.

"But I'm not gonna take it from you, I'll let you give it to me," he sang seductively as he inched closer. I swear he's doing it on purpose.

"I said I'm not gonna take it from you, I'll let you give it to me," he sang the line a bit louder and I continued to watch him in awe. He repeated the line a few times, staring directly into my eyes as he sang. He averted his eyes just to focus on the guitar for a few seconds, then burst out singing again as he placed his foot on the couch beside me and rested the guitar on his knee, taking me by surprise.