Chapter Eight: Guys, Gals and Handcuffs

I only had a few minutes before Emilio would get back. Shit! Why was it so hard for me to pick out a shirt? I hated my wardrobe. How come I never buy anything that looks remotely attractive? Oh, I remember  why, because I'm a man hater. I was about to give up hope, when I saw Emilio’s suitcase sitting beside mine. Jackpot!

I flew to his suitcase and grabbed it quickly. Emilio had some of the most expensive shirts that I have ever laid on eyes on. Thank god for the vain bastard! I chuckled as I pulled out a pale blue button down shirt. I was told once that blue looks great on me. I tossed my shirt on the floor quickly as I slid the other over my arms. I buttoned it up quickly, staring at myself in the mirror.

I looked good.

“Where are you going?”  Emilio asked as he closed the door behind him. Damn it! I was trying to leave before he got back. 

“Out,” I said fixing my hair. I didn’t look at him. I would not give him the satisfaction.

“Anywhere in particular?” he continued.

“I’m meeting someone,” I muttered casually as I sprayed my hair, brushing it all back.

“Someone? Does this someone have a name?” Emilio said slowly walking towards me. “Robbie –“

“And if it was Robbie,” I muttered casually. “If he and I were going out, how would you stop me?”

“If you want to go out with Robbie by all means,” Emilio said hopping onto the bed. “I won’t stop you. Matter of fact, I hope you have a lovely time.”

“What’s with the change of attitude all of a sudden?” I asked in confusion. “What happened to blowing our cover?”

I didn’t get him. He was acting like he didn’t care. This was very fishy. He was definitely up to something. I narrowed my eyes at him, as I walked towards him. He didn’t even look at me. He just flipped through his US weekly magazine as if I wasn’t there.

“I don’t care anymore! It’s your stupid plan in the first place,” he huffed. “You do what you want. If you want to go out with Robbie, then go out with Robbie.”

“I will,” I said as I sprayed cologne on my neck and chest. “Thanks for your support.”

“No problem,” Emilio nodded.

This was still weird. I still didn’t feel right just walking out of there. Emilio wasn’t the kind of guy who would give up on something that easily. It just wasn’t his character. He was vain, arrogant and a complete asshole. He was a fucking anchorman, for god’s sake. I would just have to play things out and see what would happen. Maybe he really didn’t care.

I walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind me. Hey! Emilio had said it was my decision. I would be making the decision to go out with Robbie. I mean I like Emilio but it was obvious that he wasn’t a dating kind of guy. He had said so himself. He’d rather just fool around. I mean maybe it was the fact that I was going to a wedding tomorrow but I was looking for a guy that I could date.

Emilio was not that guy. It was obvious. His lack of loyalty in our pretend relationship was enough to prove that. I walked outside to see Robbie sitting in the car. He winked at me, as I hopped inside.

“I’m glad you called, Will,” he smiled. “But um – earlier? Your boyfriend?”

“He and I aren’t exactly working out,” I explained.

“Good,” he smirked as he pulled fast out of the driveway. This was going to be a fun night. I could just tell.

EMILIO