Chapter Nine: Wedding Bells

I woke up the next morning to see Emilio still beside me. He had actually held me the whole night. I chuckled as I got up out of bed. I glanced at the clock; it was only nine-thirty. The wedding started at two pm. I rubbed my eyes as I thought about last night. Emilio had actually been nice. He wasn’t as much of an ass as I thought he was. I mean he could actually put his own selfishness behind him. He impressed me.

I crept downstairs to see my mother in the kitchen. She was cooking breakfast and Robert was sitting at the table reading the newspaper.

“Good morning,” my mother smiled as she flipped bacon in a pan. “Where’s my son-in-law?”

“Ha,” I chuckled. “Son-in-law? Who? Ryan? I know you’re not talking about Emilio.”

“Willie! I like him a lot,” she nodded. “He’s good for you. Right Robert?”

“He's a fine gentleman,” my stepfather agreed.

Well, glad I got my mother’s approval. I smirked as I opened the refrigerator. I poured myself a glass of orange juice as I sat at the table. My mother went on about how great Emilio was. I mean god you would have thought we were actually dating. I must have them really fooled.

“Well breakfast is almost done,” my mother said quickly. “Why don’t you wake him up?”

“Fine,” I groaned as I ran my fingers through my hair. I walked upstairs into the bedroom and shook Emilio gently. He muttered some unintelligible sounds as I threw the covers off of him. That was enough to make anyone get up.

“Emilio wake up,” I said shaking his arm.

“Alright,” he groaned as he rolled out of bed. I chuckled as he wiped the drool off of his face.

“Sleep well?” I muttered as he walked into the bathroom. He slammed the door shut behind him. I assumed that he was doing his morning regiment. I smirked as I sat on top of my bed. I glanced at my cell phone to see that I had two missed calls. The first was from Celeste and the second was from oddly enough, Robbie.

I chuckled as I clicked the messages.

Hey Will, It’s Celeste. Just checking up on you and Emilio! I can’t wait to hear about your trip. I hope Emilio behaved himself. Ha. Hope you’re having fun. Bye.

Typical Celeste. I smirked as I waited for the next message. I couldn’t wait to hear what Robbie had to say.

Hey. It’s uh Robbie. I’m sorry about last night. I was a complete jerk. I think I had a little too much drink – That or I’m just an ass. I don’t blame you for not answering. But I just wanted to say that I was sorry. Let me make it up to you. Bye.

Was hell freezing over? Emilio was nice to me last night. Robbie was apologizing to me. God has listened to my prayers. I smiled as I placed my phone down.

“You’re in a good mood,” Emilio said as he walked out of the breath. He dried his hair off as he walked towards his suitcase.

“Well uh Robbie just apologized to me,” I replied. “He said he wants to make it up to me.”

“Oh really?” Emilio asked.

“Yes really,” I nodded. “I can’t believe it.”

“Please tell me that aren’t actually considering it,” Emilio huffed. “I know guys like Robbie. Trust me! Don’t waste your time.”

“Everyone deserves a second chance, don’t they? Plus he’s cute,” I replied. “I mean it’s not like guys are knocking down doors to date me.”