Act 1: Chapter 1: The Stranger

(art by me)

It was a beautiful day in Spiral Hill Village, the sun shining and the spring air smelling good. Tangle was used to that, she grew up in the place! Although things were mostly peaceful, today was not. Mimic had somehow escaped captivity and had been causing trouble. Tangle and Whisper had been chasing him for about an hour, when they reached the market. Mimic ran around a corner and then disappeared through some of the stalls. Whisper looked around, checking every inch of their surroundings. Tangle had her fists up and ready. They then heard the sounds of a scuffle and of wood tearing. They looked over and saw Mimic on the ground, a market stall torn to bits. Above him was an Artic Wolf wearing a white and purple coat with a hood, obscuring his face. The stranger had on a pair of chaps covering tan pants and also some purple boots. He pressed it down onto Mimic's chest and Mimic gasped for air before passing out. The stranger then took off his hood, revealing the aqua green eyes and gray hair of an Artic wolf... He smiled, a mustache above his lips. He smiled "Well, now this is unexpected."
"Who are you?" Tangle asked. The wolf crossed his arms, swaying his hips a little "My name is Arnec. First name, anyways." "And what are you doing here?" Whisper asked as she kicked Mimic, him groaning, before picking him up. Arnec shrugged
"I was simply doing my duty. That is all." he said, smirking. "Duty?" Whisper asked.
"You are not the only one who wanted Mimic to be apprehended." Arnec explained. "Yeah? And what do you want with him?" Whisper asked, sitting down. Arnec smirked "He's got a lot of connections... Connections I can get answers from."
(there is a random space and no matter how many times I deleted it, it would reappear. This wasn't intentional.)

"And what answers do you need?" Whisper asked, slowly spinning her wispon on the dirt as Tangle looked around. Arnec smirked "I can't talk about it, not here." Arnec said, looking around as if he was making sure nobody was watching. Tangle looked at Whisper "Why not take him to the museum? It's closed today anyways." she said, Whisper nodding in agreement. Arnec nodded too "I'll follow your lead." he said as he pulled his coat tightly. He followed Tangle and Whisper back to the museum and they walked in, sitting at a coffee table. "So, why do you want him again?" Whisper asked. Arnec leaned forward "He has possible connections to my uncle, who has been hunting me for years." (there's another glitched space, dunno why but it's REALLY ANNOYING.)

"Why?" Tangle asked.
"Tying up loose ends..." Arnec said, twiddling his fingers. "...He has no other business here. Sadly, I'm afraid that those Demons may start to attack innocents. And while I can handle them, I don't believe your average person could. And I don't know about you, but I would rather prevent a disaster from happening rather than clean it up. I'd like to get my hands on him, figure out everything he knows about my uncle."
"How do you know that he knows him?"
"Heard a rumor. Plus, Mimic... He seems like the type of person my uncle would know. But you needed him caught anyway, so I figured I could help."
Tangle looked at Whisper "Maybe Sonic could help too. You think so?"
Arnec almost growled at hearing that name "I don't want him involved at all."
"Oh... He do something to you?"
"Not directly... But put simply... I don't like him. I've got my reasons..."
"Oh... So what do we do?"
"Well, not much you can really do, at this point anyways. Although I would like to use the museum as the headquarters for this operation."
Tangle looked over Arnec's shoulder, where Jewel was cleaning.
"Hey Jewel, can we use the museum for something?"
"Don't make too much of a mess, please!"
Tangle and Arnec looked at each other, nodding. He then smiled "I've known you for a while, even if you haven't really known me... Know that?"
"Wait what?" Tangle said, looking at him. "It was a long time ago when it happened, but I do recall the events very well..."