Chapter 4: New Problems, New Friends

The next day Tangle woke up and Blaze was in the museum "Blaze? Glad you're here, was gonna go and talk to ya!"
"Unfortunately that will have to wait. Right now I've got Demons in my castle!"
"Demons!? Well luckily for you I have a bona-fide demon hunter upstairs!"
Arnec then peeked around from Blaze's shoulder and smirked. "Oh..." Tangle said embarrassingly. Arnec smiled a little before walking by Blaze "Anyways, can you describe the Demons you saw?"
"They looked like lizards. Gray and blue scales. That help?"
"Yes, very much. Suffice to say, you're dealing with Geckos. I'm pondering on whether or not Starline sent them. Who was leading them, if there was a leader?"
"It was like a mix of a scorpion and a spider. It had lighting coming off it."
"No... Kervanos."
"Who?" Blaze asked. Tangle continued to listen as the wolf smirked "He's a lightning beast. Takes the form of a half spider half scorpion. I have not seen his full powers, so I do not know how dangerous he truly is." Arnec said as he leaned forward onto a table. Tangle hopped up "So we go over and beat the crap out of him, right!?"
Arnec smirked "I'd rather not go headfirst. If things go wrong..." Arnec began, before seeing flashes of that night "...I don't want to lose anyone due to personal error. Blaze, are you ready to set out?"
"Yes." Blaze responded. Arnec and Blaze walked out, Tangle right behind them. Blaze opened a portal to the Sol Dimension and Arnec looked at Tangle "Wait, you coming with us?"
"Y'all need me to?"
Arnec looked at Blaze, who nodded. Arnec hesitantly nodded too "Alright. Just don't get hurt, please." he said before the the three entered the portal. The Sol Dimension was in a dire state, buildings rather collapsed or in flames, ironically. On top of a house they saw Kervanos, four red eyes on his spider like face. Kervanos roared as lightning shot from his maw, blasting a tower and tipping it over. Blaze growled "No! He's tearing up my realm! Arnec, we've got to stop him!" She yelled. Kervanos turned and cackled "Arnec, son of Szakala!" he said as he hopped onto a rooftop in front of them. Arnec gripped his sword "Got a lot of guts to show up, wrecking stuff. What's ol Tygrys up to? Still his pet?" he said, growling. Kervanos laughed "Pathetic half-breed... You stand no chance against me!" he yelled, his mandibles spread. Arnec growled "Wanna run that word by me again!?"
"What, half-breed? You share the smell of demonkind, but have tainted it with weakness. You can thank your pathetic father for that..."
"Don't mention my father. You do not have the right to dirty his name with your filth!"
"Tygrys was always superior, and by spilling your blood I will prove I am worthy as his second in command!"
"If killing me is your plan, then might wanna get ready for disappointment."
"Won't be much more of a disappointment then your vermin father. He wouldn't be worth anything, even if he was a drone!"
Arnec growled, his sword unsheathing "Alright pal, I was gonna go easy on you... But after that? You're gonna wish you could go back to hell!" Arnec yelled, his hand on his sword as he lunged back. "Tangle, get back. Me and Blaze wil handle him." Arnec said as his eyes glowed and his fangs extended. Kervanos hopped down, his stinger coming out of his back and pointing at the wolf. Blaze summoned two fireballs and the two rushed at the demon. Kervanos went to fire a lightning bolt and Arnec defected it, Blaze firing a fire ball and striking the demon in its pincher as it raised it. Arnec slid under it as Blaze went above, Kervanos focusing on Arnec and attempting to slam his rear down on top of him. Blaze spun in the air and two fireballs hit Kervanos right in the face. He growled and his pincers scraped against his face, trying to put the fire out. Arnec sliced the stinger off and sheathed his sword before grabbing it, the stinger being heavy and straining him. "Hey, look at me!" he yelled. Kervanos spun around blindly before having his own stinger wack him upside the head. Tangle shook her head "I have to help them!" She said to herself before rushing at Kervanos. Arnec noticed and freaked out "Tangle, get back, it's too dangerous!" he yelled, looking at her. Kervanos got up and pounced on Arnec, swiping his sword away with his pincher and attempting to blast Arnec's head off with his electric breath. Arnec grabbed his mandibles, summoning Lucifer to protect his hands as he aimed Kervanos' head up. As he summoned Lucifer, his coat disappeared. A beam of lightning blasted out, a blue fluid oozing from his maw. Blaze rushed by and hopped onto the back, trying to burn through his thick scales. Tangle put her hands on her head "No! Shoot, well it's time to improvise!" She said before stretching her tail around Kervanos' neck and yanking it up. Arnec looked at her in surprise before taking his opportunity, rolling backwards and kicking Kervanos in the face. He growled, hopping and spinning forward rapidly, red light coming off of his boots as it slammed down on Kervanos' face. Blaze flew up into the air, twirling and launching fireballs with each spin. She landed on one of the legs and stomped, snapping the joint off! "That's for all the damage you've caused in my Dimension!" She yelled. Tangle grabbed Kervanos' Tail and slammed it down on his right legs, crushing them. Arnec swapped back to Deimos, his coat reappearing. "More... Power!" he yelled as the sky darkened and his hand was on his sword as he kneeled slightly. Arnec shot forward and cyan streaks went all over the place, what appeared to be after images showing as he sliced the beast's legs off. Kervanos growled as he attempted to move, but he couldn't. Arnec growled as he walked up to him, the tip of his sword pointed at the crippled thing
"Wait, what if... What if I prove useful!?" Kervanos yelled as the sword was just millimeters away. "And how will you do that!? You wouldn't be useful if you even if you were a drone!"
"I... I plead you! Here!"
Kervanos roared before desintigrating into blue ashes with glowing blue bits. Lighting struck and there was a sword! Arnec almost gapsed as he saw it. It was a knight's blade, with an eagle's head on the hilt of the sword... "Ares.." Arnec said to himself. Blaze dusted herself off "What's that?" She asked, Tangle looking at the sword curiously. Arnec's breaths stuttered "My father's sword... H-h-how?" he whispered. The sword crackled with electricity. He sheathed it behind his back and it disappeared like all his other weapons would. He looked at Blaze "Let's get to the castle. I'd assume she'd be there." be said, his voice seemingly cracking a little. They headed up to the castle, taking care of the geckos on the way. They entered and it was quiet, everything being a mess as they walked through. They reached the main hall and saw several gecko bodies, alongside a heart shaped pink ruby. Arnec had a small smile as he picked it up.
"Asmo... You there?" he asked quietly. The ruby glowed faintly.
"Arnec... You're... All grown up." Asmodeus said weakly. Arnec smiled "It's so good to hear that voice again, aunt As. We're getting you out of here."
"Are you... Really?" Asmodeus said, her voice still rough.
"Yeah. Just, uh, Lucifer is kinda my devil arm right now so..."
"That's okay... I've already got someone in mind." Asmodeus said before disappearing. Tangle felt something on her back and quickly got to a mirror that was on the wall. There was what looked like a spiky heart on her back, then four wings came from it! "Wha-!?" Tangle started before Asmodeus chuckled, her voice sounding alive once again "Relax, we're just gonna have us some fun!"
"Fun!?"
Suddenly a swarm of Geckos broke into the castle! Tangle glowed a faint purple and looked at her hands confusingly. Arnec raised an eyebrow "Wait was that.. A Knowledge Transfer?" he said to himself. Tangle began walking towards the geckos, smiling.
"Tangle, wait!" Arnec yelled. Tangle increased her speed. One of the wings curled and what looked like a pink feather came out. Tangle grabbed it and another from the opposite wing. She jumped high into the air, using her tail as a springboard. She flung one feather and struck a Gecko, spinning and slinging the other. Six more geckos appeared and Tangle twirled in the air, grabbing six feathers. Each one in between her fingers. She flung each, each striking their target. She landed and snapped her fingers, the feathers detonating in a small pink explosion! The geckos were launched up and Arnec was at first confused before seeing the opening. He slid back, unsheathing his sword only enough for the blade to shimmer. He then shot up and his blade swung from one side to another. Then the cyan streaks appeared, slicing the Geckos to bits! Blaze ran off into another room before coming back, looking angry as heck "They stole the Sol Emeralds!" She yelled, flames over her hands. Tangle looked confusingly at her "What do they need em' for?"
Arnec shook his head "We have to get back to Mobius, ensure the Chaos and Master Emerald's safety!" he yelled before swiping his sword twice in a cross shape. A blue portal opened and he looked at Blaze "Are you coming with us? Or staying here."
"I'll stay here, try and make sure my people are okay. If I can, I'll come and help."
Arnec nodded "Good luck Blaze. We'll try to end this as quick as we can." he said before him and Tangle entered the portal. Blaze shook her head as she looked around. Arnec and Tangle meanwhile were back on Mobius. The portal had taken them to Restoration headquarters, where Sonic was. He looked back and smiled as he saw Tangle and Arnec "Tangle, Arnec, anything you two need?"
Arnec nodded "Yeah, you got the Chaos Emeralds, right?"
"Maybe, why?"
Arnec sighed "The Sol Emeralds just got stolen, Blaze is alright though."
"Wait, really!? That's... Who took them?"
"Dr Starline presumed. I didn't want to get you involved with this, but if the Chaos Emeralds get stolen, and what I think is going to happen, happens..."
Arnec looked at all the people running through the HQ. "...This world will be plunged into darkness." Arnec said, smirking. He then looked at Sonic "...And uh... Last time we met, I gave you a hard time for no good reason. I uh... Just want to apologize for that."
"Oh, uh... Apology accepted! So, care to explain what we're going against?"
"Yeah, in the meantime I can also explain some other things. Let's take a walk, shall we?" he said before the three walked through the headquarters "I guess I should explain just what I am. I'm half demon and half angel."
"An odd combo." Sonic said quielty. Arnec smiled a little "You wouldn't know the half of it.I had a twin brother too. But... He's gone, just like my parents. All slayed by my uncle. He hated half breeds. To him, half breeds weren't worth the dirt they walked on..." Arnec said, Tangle seeing something in his teal eyes. Pain... Arnec shook his head
"I should move on to more relevant matters. It was centuries ago, Mobius and the Demon Realm fought each other tooth and nail. Why? Because demon kind believed that Mobians were inferior, you can see a theme here. But a regime change occurred when seven Demons rebelled. These were Lucifer, Leviathan, Beezlebub, Satan, Mammon, Belphegor, and Asmodeus. They took the demon realm over, destroying the old lords. Then they sent my father, Szakala, to Mobius. There he would use the Chaos Emeralds, the Master Emerald, the Sol Emeralds, and finally the Warp Topaz to seal each realm/Dimension from one another. Not a full seal, mind you. Some stuff, like my sword, can allow travel from each dimension. With that, no armies could invade. The problem is, is that if Tygrys gets his hands on all the Emeralds... He can merge the demon realm with the others, wiping them from existence if he wants to. We have to stop him. He's already got the Sol Emeralds and the Warp Topaz... So, you think you can protect them, while I try and get the Warp Topaz back?"
"Knuckles can protect the Master Emerald. I think I can handle the Chaos Emeralds. Worst comes to worst, I'll give some to Shadow. We can split them, then I reckon we can give them a hard time!" Sonic said, crossing his arms and smiling. Arnec nodded
"Agreed. Hopefully once this is over, we can properly get to know each other."
"Same. You seem like you got history." Sonic said before he had to rush off. Before he did that though, him and Arnec shook hands. Arnec and Tangle walked back towards Spiral Hill, Tangle leading the way. As they entered, Tangle looked at the wolf, who appeared even more bothered by something. "Hey, Arnec?"
"Hmm?" Arnec asked. "You look like you've got a lot on your mind. We get back, I think me and you should talk. Maybe vent a little."
"Vent?"
"You know, talking to someone and getting some things off your chest!"
"Oh... You... Sure?"
"Arnec, I can't stand to see you suffer like that! Whisper was the same way."
Arnec hesitated before just shaking his head "Fine." Arnec said quietly. They entered the museum, where Whisper had a map set up. "Apparently these places are possible entry points if they're able to break through." Whisper said to Jewel. Tangle walked up to them, Arnec in tow "So, what are y'all talking about?"
"I'm going over all the possible places that the Demons could come from once the seal is broke."
"You know about that?" Arnec asked. Whisper smirked "Heard you talk about it. What, you think I let someone hang out with my best friend and I don't keep watch?" Whisper said, her arms crossed. Tangle smiled before she led Arnec to her bedroom and they sat on the bed. "So... We doing this venting thing now?" Arnec asked shyly. Tangle smiled "Yeah, so... You got anything just absolutely trying to claw it's way out?" Tangle asked
(Your Legacy - DMC V (Remix by Projectcobra72) yes, I really did a remix just for this, lol. Also the song is pretty short so I dunno if you can loop it or anything but it fits pretty well with the scene below.)