Chapter 6: Arnec's Journal (entry 1)

March 4th

After the mess with Mimic and the sinking city yesterday, I decided to get myself a journal after we went to the local market today. While we were there, Tangle talked to some of the locals. I don't think I had quite realized just how bad I was socially. Tangle mentioning my tone, I'm just now seeing the contrast. She joked around, was having a time... In the demon realm, you spoke to a stranger because you had to do something. It was business, nothing more unless they were good friends or family of course. So seeing her talking to these strangers like that, it... It opened my eyes. What I've said about not being able to fit in struck true here. But... Could I change? Could I fit in amongst normal people? I guess time will decide that...

Reaching the seven year anniversary of losing what I had left of my family in three days. It'll also be my birthday. This year though I don't think I'll be alone. Tangle has been incredibly nice to me and I just can't wrap my head around it. It feels so... Strange. I've told myself for years that I don't belong, that I'll never fit in. But Tangle... She ignores that. I keep getting this feeling in my chest, I can't describe it but it's a funny feeling.

Something is off about the demon invasions. Tygrys just wouldn't let them use an elder dragon, and why would he need Solaris? He killed trillions without a single nick or scratch in his armor. I find it... Illogical. Hopefully soon I can shed some light on this, but I may never know. Heck maybe Tygrys is just dead, and all these years have been wasted trying to chase a ghost. No, I have to keep faith. I have to avenge my parents. That is my duty as their son. And I must avenge Fayn. Me and him may not have always gotten along, but we still loved each other. What mom said all those years ago, about how I would miss him. Back then I dismissed it as just her trying to force us to get along. Now the regret seeps at me. If I hadn't forced him away, upstairs... He would have survived. It's my fault he's gone... Forgive me, Fayn.

Sonic has... Intrigued me. He's incredibly skilled, especially for a mobian. This Shadow guy... I need to examine him. And that pink Hedgehog who seemed to take a liking to Sonic. Also heard of another Hedgehog going by the name of Silver. Next little bit is going to be busy...

Anyways, Sonic is a speedster just like me, so that I think is kinda neat, plus we fight together pretty well. But me and Tangle... My surgical precision strikes, paired with her wildcard? We're basically unpredictable! Against two speedsters or two wildcards and you can run the trials, think of the variables, but you mix the two? Too many variables to predict an outcome. Ugh, thinking about her again. Why is she on my mind so much!? Ever since I finally got to talk to her, I've just wanted to hang out with her. It feels... Oddly comforting. The flashbacks aren't as bad as they were though, so that's good. For six, about to be seven, years, I just watched from the shadows... Seeing her hang out with her friends and stuff... It reminded me of home, of mother. What is this feeling?

Earlier I witnessed something rare. Tangle actually slowing down to do something less... What I would expect from her. Reading. I found that intriguing, someone that usually is eager for a fight would do something like read a book. But I guess when you're bored you'll do anything. Past few years I've been working on sketches. Mostly just wild animals that went by the old home, but I'd say I'm decent. Decided I'll do one of her when she's not looking. I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I mean why would she be mad, the guest got bored and made a doodle? Why would anyone get agitated by that? Well, let's go...

I think it looks good, aside from a bad line here or there

I think it looks good, aside from a bad line here or there. Would draw a sketch of Whisper, but I can't tell if she's looking at me or not, and I don't need that confrontation. She kinda scares me, with how she's just perfectly fine torturing Mimic. I don't feel sorry for him though. I should probably get back to work on figuring out this demon problem...