Act 2: Chapter 7: Scars Run Deep

Seven years ago

Arnec and Fayn were playing in the yard of their home in the demon realm, both with wooden swords. Both were fighting with fury, the swords flying through the air and colliding. Arnec jumped, twirling like a whirlwind. Fayn held his sword up in defense horizontally, deflecting all the strikes as Arnec went back onto the ground. Before they could strike again they heard Szakala, his low voice echoing through the trees "Enough." He said with a cold undertone to his voice. Fayn turned "Father, is something wrong? Your voice..."
"Something is in the air. But, I believe it's a certain set of twins' birthday today..." he said as his beak curved into a smile. "...Follow me, I got a present for you two. Plus your mother's got one too." Szakala said as his feathered mane flowed in the wind. The three walked to their home, it being a small cottage out in the countryside. They all walked inside and into the kitchen. Arnec saw Szakala's little pet walk in. It had the appearance of an owl, with antlers on its head like a deer. Szakala had named it Gryaphin, which apparently was just demon for griffon. Gryaphin waddled in, handing Szakala some letters and stuff, including a note from Lucetta "Hmm... Your mother has the new house set up. Good. Well, it's a shame she can't celebrate your birthday with you boys. Can't believe you're already ten... Anyways, your presents..." he put the letters down and pulled out a small box. Inside were two amulets, one an eagle and the other a lion. He handed the eagle one to Arnec, and the lion one to Fayn. "That's what your mother got for you. Said they'd come in handy." Szakala said, smiling as he watched his son's put them on. He then pulled out two swords. One was a katana known as the Deimos. He handed it to Arnec. The other more resembled a knight's blade, and was called the Phobos. They both had demonic power and he handed it to Fayn. He smiled "Two swords for my two sons. Keep them with you, for they will always give you the power you need." Szakala said, looking at them. Arnec gripped the handle of the Deimos, the sword's weight feeling perfect. Fayn did the same with the Phobos. They sheathed their swords and all was quiet. Then there were noises... Explosions... Szakala looked at his sons "Run."
Fayn did as he was told, sprinting out the door, Gryaphin going too. Arnec stayed behind though. The door flew open and another demon walked in. He looked almost identical to Szakala, but his eyes were red. His beak and armor was stained with blood. "Hello Brother." was what came from his mouth before Szakala had a sword in his stomach. It was Tygrys, Szakala's twin brother. "Father!" Arnec yelled. Szakala growled as the sword went deeper, Tygrys smiling. "Son... Run!" Szakala yelled. Arnec did as he was told and ran out the door and into the woods. Fayn tackled him from beside a tree, Phobos drawn and at Arnec's throat "Arnec, you're alive!? I thought something had got you, you didn't go with me." Fayn said as he helped Arnec up. The two young Wolves dusted themselves off before walking through the woods, Fayn holding Gryaphin. Gryaphin rubbed her head against Fayn's chest, him rubbing her soft feathers "Don't worry, we're getting out of here alive..." he said quietly. It was quiet walk, none knowing where exactly to go. They then heard something in the trees. Arnec drew his sword, looking around rapidly. The something landed behind them. They turned and it was Lucifer, his heavy ebony knight armor clanking as he crossed his arms "You two are alive. We have to get out of here. Follow me, I'll get you boys out." Lucifer said as he walked by them. The Twins looked at each other before complying, following Lucifer. "Where's your father?" he asked, turning his head at the two as his wings flowed in the wind. "I don't know, me and Gryaphin got out as soon as he said to run." Fayn said as he put his finger in front of the little guy, Gryaphin pecking his finger playfully. Arnec sighed "He's... Dead, probably." he said, his emotions flaring like flames. "...After Fayn and Gryaphin got out, Tygrys, he... Stabbed father right in the stomach. I don't know what happened after that..." Arnec said, his breath frosting in the cold air as the moonlight shined through the trees. He sniffled before Fayn put his arm around him. The two brothers and two Demons went together for a little while before they reached a clear area. Lucifer noticed that the boys had their swords. "Arnec, I need your blade. It'll make this a whole heck of a lot easier for us." he said, Arnec handing him it. Lucifer swiped twice, first horizontally then vertically. A portal opened and they stepped through. They were on Mobius, in front a large house. Lucetta was there and ran up to them, hugging them "I heard about Tygrys and was worried about you two!" Lucetta said as her arms were around them tightly. "Father's... Gone..." Arnec choked out. "I know, but it'll be okay..." Lucetta said as she looked at him "...You two are still here. Lucifer, can you continue their training?"
"Of course I can ma'am." Lucifer said, his arms crossed. Arnec looked at their new house in awe, Fayn doing the same...