Chapter 13: Arnec's Journal (Entry 2)

Two hour nap, about 3 pm now. Encountered a Gecko mother with two younglings. One had dark scales, a white birthmark over it's left eye. It's twin was a light color, dark birthmark over it's right eye. Reminded me of me and Fayn. Wish I could see him again, past few years wouldn't have been as hard. But I'm still alive and kicking, so I guess it wasn't too difficult for me. Still though, I wished things could have went differently, that I could have found him. Together we'd have already gotten this over with years ago! But now's better than never I guess.

Thought about those Geckos again. I almost forgot how to understand Gecko words. Usually it's growls and the occasional whine but father taught me how to be able to tell what they're saying. It was kinda cute, watching the twins bicker over leftover food, their mother getting them to stop with a commanding snarl. She let me hold one of them, little guy bit my finger. That just gave me a thought... Tangle, holding a puppy! With my luck she'd be allergic...

Nero gave me a new set of armor based off of the Silent Shadow design but made to fit me. Guess I finally made it... Father would be proud... He even went through all the trouble of finding out mother's last name and putting her- My family crest on the armor. A phoenix... I'll have to put it on later, give my waistcoat a good rest. Shin guards fit over the chaps though which is good.

Heard music coming from Sonic's room. Rock, a kind I used to like... Well, guess I still do, Tangle caught me mouthing the lyrics. Music's something I've always been fond of, mostly stuff from a decade or two ago thanks to mother. There was an old song that I swear my mom sang but she always denied. Wasn't really a song though I guess, more of a jingle. "You bring out the best in me, it's fundamental. I will bring out the best in you, it's elemental..." is all I can remember. A purple or pink can... I know it came in that. Taste... A mix of grape, some lemon and lime, and maybe cherry? It was interesting as it wasn't all mixed together and each taste was like it's own flavor. I miss it... Oh well.

Another entry, another drawing. Caught Shadow staring out the hangar at the wasteland... Tangle didn't seem to notice last time, so maybe...

I need color pencils

I need color pencils. Actually no, they'd notice that. I should talk to Shadow though, learn more about him.

Shadow is an interesting one to me... An experiment to create the ultimate life form, an attempt by man to play god with the world... And it failed. To them, anyways. But for Mobius? Shadow's one of the best fighters I've ever seen. Shadow's someone I trust to help get the job done.

I think I just found my new favorite thing to do! Writing stories... I know, a dark and broody person writing stories... How original. But it's fun, getting to give myself a happy ending. It's embarrassing but writing some stuff with me and Tangle- Okay, am I a hopeless romantic if I actually found my one and only? Well, she's my one and only but I don't know if it's vice versa. Actually considering recent events, yeah she might... Might. Didn't she say not to be negative to yourself, you dumb twit? Why yes, random voice in my head, she did. And I should stop. Anyways, maybe I'll look back on this and have a big laugh. Especially when I do what I'm about to do. Well... Just a little story... Oh what am I about to do?

An Artic Wolf, alone and cold in the snow. His pack long gone with him standing alone. He continues on with his life. Then he encounters an animal he's never seen before... A lemur. Her ways of swinging around trees and not limited to the ground entices the wolf. He follows her, wanting to learn more about her. Slowly he learns that she's actually friends with another wolf. The two Wolves have lost their packs and become friends. But the lemur that brought them together is the one the Artic Wolf is more intrigued by. He may have lost his pack, but he can start a new one, the lemur by his side... They fall in love eventually, the Artic Wolf stubborn and swearing he's not in love before embracing it. Together they hunt and live together, the Artic Wolf protecting the lemur from predators as she teaches him more ways of enjoying life... They're happy together...

Uh oh, Tangle noticed me blushing, I better hide this!

Why are there cookie crumbs in here, has someone been reading this!? I hid this under my pillow! Oh well.

Tangle, if you're reading this, I've put some thought about that date I promised. I dunno how much you'd like it, but I think a quiet spot on top of a hill would be pretty nice. Past few days have been pretty exciting and I think some tranquility would feel good. It'd also give me some time to reflect in a calmer state of mind. It's up to you of course, but if you're wondering what I'd like, there it is I guess.