Gay Confusion

Nightmare turned the page of his book as he slowly slid his blazer off of his shoulders. It was far too hot to be wearing this, but he looked too good he just couldn't help it.

He sighed, he hated the summer. Hated it. But he didn't complain about it. After all, he couldn't stop the world's rotation around the sun.

And he had to admit, seeing Dream half-naked, all the time, was always a plus.

He shut the book and fully took off the blazer, setting it down on the floor next to him. He undid the cuffs on his dress shirt and rolled up his sleeves, and unbuttoned the top button on the shirt.

He sighed. It was unfortunate that his castle was too old to properly preserve its antique look and have a properly working heating and cooling system.

Heating the castle was fine in the winter, as there is a fireplace in almost every room. But cooling it was a whole other problem.

He noticed that in the summer his boys would often retreat to either the attic-attic. The attic-attic was the very top of the castle. It was small, in both width and height and nothing was stored up there.

Nightmare didn't go up there much, because it was so small, but the smaller members of his gang (and Dream's little squad), enjoyed being up there.

And they also enjoyed the dungeon, which even though might bring back some bad memories from being down there for Dream's buddies, it's still very cold and nice in the summer.

Nightmare just toughened it out though. Nothing was better than feeding into his superiority complex by sitting on his throne, and he wouldn't change that for some heat or cold.

He took out a handkerchief and wiped the sweat off of his face and hands. He picked up his book and found his place again.

He got about forty pages from where he was before Dream came bursting through the back right entrance to the throne room.

Nightmare was baffled and set his book down. Dream was upset, his body language is what set Nightmare off immediately. His hands were in fists and he just looked upset.

"Dreams? Everything alright?"

"No. You're a liar and I'm here to talk to you about it."

Nightmare was, again, baffled. He didn't remember lying in the past week and if he did he doubted that it would've pissed Dream off so much.

"I apologize if I have done something wrong but I don't remember doing-"

"Shut the fuck up."

Nightmare held his hands up defense as Dream walked up the stairs to his throne. Dream crossed his arms and stared down at Nightmare.

There wasn't any noise or movement from either of them.

"So...?"

"So. When were you going to tell me that you were gay?"

Nightmare could feel the record scratch play in his mind.

"...Sorry?"

"Frankly, I'm not even mad at the fact that you are gay, just that you've been hiding it from me all these years!"

"...my apologies Dream. I'm sorry for lying and hiding that from you."

"You better be!"

There was another long pause.

"Is there anything else you'd like to say?"

"Yes."

Nightmare gave him a look of confusion.

"When were you going to tell me that we were married?"

"I thought you know about that."

Dream put a hand on his chest and did the most dramatic gasp that Nightmare had ever seen come out of him.

"What do you mean you thought I would know??? You can't keep such things from me! It's ridiculous!"

"Dream guess what."

"What?"

"We've gone on several dates and have even kissed a couple of times."

Nightmare had to stop himself from snorting. 'Couple of times' it was so much more than a couple.

Dream inhaled and then proceeded to throw himself down the stairs. Nightmare burst out laughing as he watched his half-naked husband rag-doll down the stairs.

Dream landed on his back, probably a little bruised but it didn't matter, arms crossed.

Nightmare stood up and put his hands in his pockets as he walked down the stairs and placed his feet by Dream's sides.

Nightmare crouched down and when to caress Dream's face before flicking him on the nose.

"You're so mean to me."

"Soooo...what brought on this little spat of homosexual confusion? Hm?"

"I love you."

"Uh-huh."

Dream grabbed Nightmare's face and yanked down. Their lips connected and a spark went through their bodies.

Hm.

Perhaps this was why every kiss turned out as a make-out session.

Not that they were upset at this, of course.

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

Please excuse me for not being super active on here. I've been very tired lately and I'm finding myself scrolling through TikTok rather than writing.

I'm working on changing this though, so expect more content from me soon :]

Also!! I got some birds recently and I have been a bit busy making sure they are comfortable and happy so there's that as well.

Also, sorry for this being a little late to Pride Month, again very tired.

Stay safe, be gay💜

All of you are valid🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

-Fallen

870 words