Interruption

Nightmare tapped away at his laptop, feeling like a zombie as he mindless replied from email to email, punching in numbers into spreadsheets, and overall boring tasks.

It was what it was, however. Nightmare was a king, and while he would much rather be doing LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE, he had to take care of his kingdom.

Of course, it could always be worse. He could be working with pen and paper instead of the internet, the former of which was just plain torture.

He was so droned out, however, that he didn't even see Dream sneak into his room. It was only when, with maniacal giggles, that Dream slammed his laptop shut and ran off with it that Nightmare realized he had a visitor.

Nightmare paused staring at the blank space where his laptop used to be. He was snapped back to reality when Dream whistled at him from his door.

"It's no fun if you don't chase after me."

Nightmare blinked a few times, taking a moment to process what was spoken, and to get out of work mode. He grinned, adjusting his suit jacket, "Of course."

Then he sprung into action.

As Dream sprinted down the halls of the castle, Nightmare chased after him, using his tentacles to propel himself forward.

Dream suddenly skidded to a stop, and rushed into a living room. It took Nightmare a few seconds to stop and fling himself into the room, but when he got in there, his laptop was nowhere to be seen and Dream was scrolling away on his phone.

Sweat was rolling down Dream's face, despite him trying to act as if nothing had happened.

"Where is it."

"Where is what?"

"Dream."

"Nightmare!"

Nightmare huffed and walked over to Dream. He used his pointer finger to tilt Dream's chin up.

"Where is my laptop?"

"Maybe you should kiss me, maybe I'll tell you." Dream teased, winking at him in response.

Nightmare groaned, but he scooped Dream up into his arms and gave him some pecks on the lips. Once he felt like Dream was properly prepped, he dipped Dream down and kissed him passionately.

Dream's heart raced in his chest, and a feeling of familiar love and warmth washed over him.

"Dream."

"Nightmare! I dunno why you keep doing that."

"Can I have my laptop back?"

Dream huffed and rolled his eyes as Nightmare set him down, "I guess!"

His laptop had been hidden away in between the couch cushions?! Good god, thank the lord Dream didn't break it. Dream handed it to him, and he used a tentacle to carry it, in case Dream decided to attempt to steal it away from him again.

"Don't work yourself too hard, mkay Night?"

"Yes yes, I know."

"I care about you."

"Unfortunately."

"Thanks for the smooches." Dream told him, sticking out his tongue playfully.

Nightmare smiled, even while shaking his head, "You are welcome."

"Y'know I think I want some more."

Dream leaped into his arms, and despite Nightmare's slight protests, carried him anyway.

Their lips were connected again as Dream pulled their faces together. The kisses were soft and gentle. Nothing too intense, it was nice.

"You're a dork."

"I love you too Nightmare."

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

I decided to write a drabble for you guys :)

It was really early in the morning when I wrote/posted this, so be lenient with any continuity errors or whatever </3

I know it was a bit short, but I really wanted to get something out for you guys!

I've been dealing with a lot of hate lately, which sucks, and it honestly has been draining my motivation a little bit. (I have also been working on a 5k+ fic so </3)

But don't fear!!! Mean words isn't going to make me stop writing in this book or shipping Dreammare :)

Y'all are some of the greatest readers I could ever ask for, and your support means the world to me <3

-Fallen

659 Words