Return

TW/CW - Mentions of abuse and bullying, descriptions of corpses (not detailed), swearing.

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

Nightmare put his hands against his forehead and grumbled nonsense as he struggled to remember.

Remember what?

It was something important. Very important.

It was something so important that he had spent the last hundred years making sure the castle was in perfect condition. Why? Why did he spend so long on the castle?

What was he doing this for?

Then it hit him.

It wasn't a what. It was a who.

Who was he doing this for?

Who would be so special enough that he would spend so much time preparing a castle for?

Nightmare nearly shot out of his chair as he flung it back into the bookshelves in his office.

DREAM.

Oh, shit shit shit.

He yanked open the desk's main drawer and pulled out the yellow and orange flag that he had stored in there so long ago.

Oh no no no-no-no.

A hundred years Dream had been trapped in stone. He was an idiot, how could he forget the one person most important to him??

He was praying to whatever god that created him that Dream would eventually forgive him for this huge imbroglio.

He opened a portal to his ex-home and almost ran in. He took a deep breath as he stepped forward onto the bloody ground.

His nose crinkled at the smell of rotting corpses. He looked around, of course, the bodies of the villagers hadn't fully decomposed yet.

Most of their meat was off of their bones, but it still smelled like shit. Dream was right where Nightmare had left him. Reaching out for him in stone.

A ping of guilt traveled through every part of his body.

He unfolded the flag, which had a minimalistic sun sew in orange on it. Dream used to take it off of the tree that they were supposed to guard and used it as a cape.

Nightmare used to tease him about it, but in truth, he loved it when Dream did that. It made him so happy.

He wrapped the flag around the shoulders of the statue and walked in front of it.

He wondered if he even could get Dream out of it...

He shook the thought away. Of course, he could. All magic was reverse-able, eventually. And he had forever.

He cupped Dream's cheek, it was cold and hard. Not like the softness that Dream's cheeks usually were.

He pressed a kiss to Dream's stone forehead and felt his magic move through his fingers. His body felt heavy and exhausted, but he didn't care. With a thud, the stone that encased Dream, slowly but surely began falling off.

Leaving behind Dream. In all his positive glory.

"-MARMMPH." Dream attempted to finish saying his name when he went face first into Nightmare's chest.

Dream gripped onto the flag and staggered back, his pupils small and shaking in...fear? In fact, his whole body was doing that.

"Woah Woah Woah, Dream calm down, I uh, it's me. It's Nightmare."