C1 - Tripping In Dysphoria.

• N a t h a n' s POV •

I arrived at the office building, with both my bodyguards walking at the same pace with me. The security guards standing at the door, welcomed me. I turned my attention to them and I inclined my head. I walked to the lobby, so many employees were there, while some were just arriving.

The noisy area suddenly became quiet as soon as I walked in, like a graveyard. The silence was so deep that you could hear a pin drop. Each employee stood immobilized. Their eyes focused on me. Disquietude and dread written clearly on thier faces.

"Good Morning, Mr Reynolds".

"Good Morning Sir".

"Welcome, Sir".

They all greeted me as usual. I just nodded my head and directly entered my private elevator. I was already used to that daily scenario.

I knew my employees believed the inferior in me. The reason why was because I only expected excellence, perfection, and efficiency from them. I only wanted them to be productive doing their jobs. They didn't just realize that I was only doing this for their own good.

They would all starve alongside with their families if the organization tholes bankruptcy. I wouldn't let my company fail. But I'm only strict with them all because I wanted the best. They just won't get it.

I stepped out of my elevator and walked towards my office as my personal assistant caught up behind me.

"Good Morning, Nathan", he greeted. You must be wondering why he called me by my first name. He's the only employee who understood me. He had always been devoted to his work.

"Good Morning, Russ", I greeted back.

"We have appointments with some clients by 9am", he said, as I opened the door and entered my office.

"Okay, the schedule is perfect", I replied, removing my tuxedo and hanging it on the cloth rack.

"We'll be meeting them at Vinestone Premium Hotel", Russ said.

"Okay, that's fine"

"I'll be leaving now to get ready for our meeting". He said, dropping some files and heading towards the door.

I might be a 24 year old business tycoon but I put all my heart and might into Reynolds Jewelers. I devoted my time running the business as the CEO.

There are a lot of competitors aiming to take my organization down but there's this one organization who would go to any length to be ahead of my company. It's owned by the famous Rob Wesley. We both ran a jewellry production companies, it was a full rivalry between us.

I have a heart of stone. Yes, I do. No one bothered to ask me about my problems. I graduated in Business Administration four years ago and I've lived alone since then. Thanks to my dad, I'm a loner. He caused the death of my mom, he had always stressed her out.

My mom caught him cheating in her matrimonial bedroom. My fragile mom couldn't take it, she suffered a heart attack and didn't survive it. My dad got married to another woman, one week after the death of my mom. His supposedly new wife blinded him with love and he forgot all about me. I couldn't take it, I left my beast of a father and started a new life in another city.

I might be a heartless being, but you can't blame me, I've lived my life alone without love from anyone. It was hard for me not expecting love and affection from any person whatsoever. I'm a goal oriented person, I've molded myself to be a great man but people think I'm the worst.

In life, you have to take things seriously. There's no time to make friends or build relationships with people, you have to set your goal. I'm a no-friend/family guy. I believe that you don't need them to become successful in life, they are just agents of distraction.