C9 - Blood.

• M i l a n a' s POV •

"Hello DD, sorry I couldn't call you last night. I got so busy with work", Nathan apologetically said over the phone.

"It's fine. I understand", I said, my eyes focused on the road.

"Thanks, so how's your foot?", he asked with an empathic tone.

"It's okay now. My grandma gave me a special remedy and I'm all relieved now", I mouthed. My granny has the best remedies for almost anything.

"That's good to hear", he commented.

"Nathan, I'm currently driving. I'm on my way to a job interview, I'll talk to you later", I said. Safety first.

"Interview?", he asked, inquisitively.

"Yes, I'm looking for a new job", I responded.

"Great!"

"Okay, wish me luck", I demanded.

"Good luck!"

A truck was at high speed, driving towards my direction. Not good.

"Hahhhhh!!!", I screamed, my eyes widened in fear and dread took over my body.

My car suddenly came to an abrupt stop and the windshield shattered, as my car swerved out of control and unresistingly tumbled. My phone flew out of the window. I banged my head hard against the steering wheel. The world started to spin, I whirlingly lifted my fingers to my head. I touched something moist and mildly hot on my fingertips, it was blood, I'm bleeding profusely. I'm I gonna die?. The world started to spin speedily and I gave a soft groan. Suddenly, the world went dark.

-

I woke up with an obscure vision and a distracting pain in my head. I inspected my surroundings, an unfamiliar bed, unfamiliar room, a drip passed down to my body and some many other medical stuffs around me and I came to the conclusion that I'm in a hospital room.

Touching my bandaged head, I started to remember how I was brought here. Someone swooped me in their arms. I was frozen, I was stuck between a place in life and death. I struggled to stay awake but my body wouldn't let me.

I'm feeling so uneasy and a sudden state of anxiety overload, I've not recovered yet, I'm still debilitated. My vision blurred and everything went dark. I fell unconscious again.

• N a t h a n' s POV •

As soon as I heard Milana yelp loudly, I sensed that she wasn't alright, she must have gotten into an accident or something. I instantly called Russ to track her phone.

After Russ spotted her location, I immediately rushed to the place. I saw Milana lying lifelessly and her clothes were drenched with blood. I swiftly called the hospital for an ambulance.

I couldn't let her loose her life, I still needed her to stay alive for my plans. I swooped her in my arms and moved her, few feets away from the accident spot. The ambulance arrived, she was placed on the stretcher and taken into their van.

I followed the ambulance to the hospital with my car. We soon arrived and she was rushed to the ICU. I patiently waited at the hospital for her operation to be completed.

The doctor said she was out of danger but she'd be unconscious for a while. I was allowed in her ward afterwards and was asked to sign some papers. It was already midnight by the time I set to leave.

I came back in the morning and stayed by her side. I noticed some movement in her fingers so I stood from the chair and stared at her for some while, her eyes were flickering and I hoped she'd woke up soon.

• M i l a n a' s POV •

I was finally revived, I fluttered my eyes open and the first thing I saw when I woke up was the enchanting blue eyes, glossy blonde hair and the fragrance of an icy cologne. It only meant one thing, it was Nathan.

"Milana, you're awake", he whispered softly as he moved a strand of my hair from my face. "I'm sorry, it's my fault you got hurt, I called you at the wrong time", he added, as his soft lips brushed my forehead. His kiss was quick as a flash and quiet as a mouse like that of a night thief. I felt a shudder in my whole body, one I have never felt before.

"Don't blame yourself", my soft voice was crass. "Alright, Lana. You'll be fine soon", he responded.

"Uh, my family. Are they aware I'm here?. They must be worried about me", I asked as I tried to rise from my bed. Nathan stopped me from rousing, "No, you've got to rest".

"For how long have I been here?", I questioned, laying my back down. "..you brought me to the hospital right?"

"Not quite, I called the ambulance and followed them here", he explained.

"Well, technically, you did", my pain finally allowed me to smile.

"Your family don't know you're here yet. I can't contact them and you've only been here for a night", he said, giving me answers to all my questions.

"They have to know my whereabouts. Please give me your phone so I'd call my sister", I requested.

"Sure", he said, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

He handed it to me. I typed in the phone number and dialed it. It's ringing....

"Hello, who's this?", she questioned.

"Lyndsey, it's me, Lana"

"Sis, where are you?, we're all worried sick", she compassionately said.

"I'm at the hospital. I was involved in an accident yesterday and I just regained consciousness", I explained.

"Jesus Christ!. Are you okay?", she exclaimed.

"Yes, I'm fine now", I assured.

"Phew!. Which hospital are you in?. Let's all come see you", she inquired.

I put the call on hold to ask Nathan the hospital's name. He told me.

"It's Pioner Hospital", I said.

"Okay sis, we'll be there!", she sighed.

"Bye", I ended the call.

I handed back Nathan's phone to him.

"Thanks!"

"Anytime!. You see, this morning, I was meant to go for a business meeting but I had to come see you first. I'll be taking my leave soon. Well, I'm still contemplating, I don't wanna leave you here",

"Don't worry, you may leave. After all, my family is coming soon. You've helped me enough, go for your business meeting",

"Thanks!"

He left shortly and I couldn't stop myself but think about him. Nathan is such a good guy. He's my guardian angel, I was wrong about him at first, he's just a worked up guy. He saved my life today. I'm so happy I have him as a friend.

A/N:

Hey Wattpals!. Thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you loved it

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE/FOLLOW ME

Instagram - @thehaychtwins