C10 - Birthday Paradox.

• M i l a n a' s POV •

It's been a week since my terrible accident. Although, I still feel constant pain in my head and my whole body. Most times, the memory of the horrific incident plunges into my brain and it sends shivers down my spine. I've not only been physically affected but I've also been mentally affected by it, I've never been involved in such type of accident before, one that would land me in an hospital. I just hope I completely recover soon.

Nathan never stopped calling me daily to ask about my health and well being. My grandma took care of me, she always gave me my medicines at the prescribed times and she made sure I didn't miss a dose. My dad didn't care, he only scolded me for not driving carefully. He's more concerned about his work life than his own daughter. My dad is so cold hearted and ruthless. My mom wasn't in town, she had gone to visit her distant relative. When she heard about my condition, she was restless and she said she'd come back, but I told her not to worry and she should stay back.
-
I rubbed my eyes as I got up from my bed, I was so tired. I didn't have a bandage anymore, it was just a plaster now. It still stings me at times though, especially when it has contact with water. 

I got in the shower after removing my pyjamas and sighed heavily as I felt the warm water slide down my back. I lathered my hair with my apple scented shampoo and conditioner. I soaped myself with my body wash. I soon finished my bath and brushed my teeth. I wore a simple blue tee & boogie jeans and I tied my hair into a messy bun.

Knocks on the door.

"Come in"

"Good morning, sis. Your friend is here to see you. She's waiting downstairs", Lyndsey said, walking in.

"Okay, I'll be there", I replied. Phoebe is here to see me. What a friend?

-

"Howdy, Milana", she greeted cheerfully.

"Hey Phoebe!", I greeted back, taking a seat right next to her.

"How's your health?", she asked. "I'm getting better, apart from the headaches but I'll recover soon", I answered, touching my head.

"It's your birthday tomorrow. What are you planning?", she mouthed. She still remembers my birthday.

"Uh, nothing. Just a family celebration and you're invited", I replied. I don't want a grand celebration at all. I want it simple.

"Okay"

"What?", Lyndsey interrupted. "We've planned a birthday party and it's gonna happen. Mom, will arrive tomorrow morning", she added.

"Cancel the plans, I don't want them", I refused.

"Ugh!", Lyndsey shurruged. "Alright, if you say so".

"I'll call mom and explain that I don't want anything of that sort. We'll just have a simple celebration and that's it",  I said.

"But you know a celebration might take your mind off your recent accident", Phoebe pointed out.

"No no. You guys should respect my opinion", I protested.

"Grandma, the workers and I would prepare a brunch feast for tomorrow. There'll be cake, balloons, lights, lots of yummy food", Lyndsey said, simpering.

"Alright, but not too much, okay?", I dryly said.

"What's it with you and too much?", Lyndsey said and she sprang off.

"So. Nathan and Milana?. Is it happening already?", Phoebe joked.
"I've told you this before, nothing is gonna pop between us", I objected.

"Hmm", she sighed. "By the way, how does he look?. I wanna see"

"I got a pic, here", I said, scrolling through my phone. "OMG, he's damn handsome!", Phoebe screamed and her face lightened up.

"Don't praise him, he's not that handsome", I sarcarstically said.

 -----------------------------

M - Hey

N - Hi

M - It's my birthday tomorrow! :)

N - Really?. Cause mine's also tomorrow.

M - It's so crazy we share the same birthday :O

N - I know right. Libra buds ;)

M - Yeah. October 11!.

N - How about you and I at the city park tomorrow at 8pm for a birthday picnic?

M - A picnic at night? Sounds good!

N - It does!

M - Bye

N - Bye!

Oh my, Nathan and I share the same birthday. Now, that's what we call a birthday paradox. This is so bizarre!
__

(Dream scene)
"Milana", he whispered and drew my hand towards him. "I've liked you since we met", he revealed. "Do you feel the same?", his blue eyes searched my face and he placed a kiss at the back of my hand.

My eyes widened in astonishment. "You really do?", I shyly said. "Yes, I do", he smiled affectionately. He pulled me closer and wrapped his arm around me. "I'm crazy about you", he murmured cupping my face. My heart pumped as fast as it can. "Really?", I prompted intently and let out a sigh. He slowly nodded and spoke up again. "I lo-".
(Dream scene ended)

I woke up and realized that it was all a dream.yo Did he really wanted to say that he loved me, it can't be. I tiredly stood up from my bed and groaned. I heard my phone ringing as I was walking to the bathroom. I turned back to get it. It's Nathan. What a crazy coincidence. I dream about him and he bubby me afterwards.

"Hello", I said with a sleepy voice.

"Happy Birthday!, DD", he ebulliently said.

"Thanks!. Happy Birthday too!", I bubbly exclaimed.

"Don't forget our birthday plans today", he cheerly reminded.

"I won't!, I'll be there", I responded.

"Okay. Let me go get things set. I'm heading to my office", he stated.

"Alright"

"See you later"

"See ya!"

I hung up the call.

The family celebration went well. My mom came back and she had begged my dad to attend it. Lyndsey continued to make silly jokes about me. I wouldn't lie, my feast was so awesome and I've also been looking forward to the birthday plans of Nathan and I. I'm admittedly quite excited for it.

-

I drove my car to the city park, it was just a few miles away from my house. I finally arrived there. The park gates were widely opened, I guess Nathan must be in.

I stepped into the park, the marched low grasses with my slippers. I walked few feets and I reached my destination. The picnic mat was laid, varieties of snack put out on it. I smiled widely at the arrangements.

I looked up and saw Nathan. He was wearing a white shirt and a pair of blue jeans. He stood, watching me and I smiled widely again.

"Hey!, you're here", he said, walking towards me.

"Yes, you made this place so beautiful!"

A/N:

Hey Wattpals!. Thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you loved it.

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE/FOLLOW ME

Instagram - @thehaychtwins