Hodgson residence part Three

Lexi follows her mother round to the back of the house " Where are we going mom? Didn't you hear a word I said about this house? I can't go any further somethings not right" Lorraine sighed " It's going to be fine hon. I'm here. You can go back into the house with your father if you prefer?" Lorraine soothed,Lexi shook her head and they both Carried on. Lorraine saw a young girl swinging backwards and forwards on a swing " You see this girl too right Mom?" Lexi whispered and Lorraine nodded. Lorraine stood in front of the young girl "Hi, there. I'm Lorraine. Mind if I have a seat?" The girl gave a very weak nod.
Lorraine  sat down on the empty swing beside the young girl. The young girl looked over at Lexi who stood right by her mom. Lorraine smiled when she said " This is my daughter Lexi Warren" the girl looked at Lexi but there was no warmth from the young girl Who clearly looked exhausted and just purely haunted and it was then that Lexi knew this was the girl they were talking about in the recording " You're name is Janet isn't it?" Janet nodded. Lorraine was surprised that Lexi knew this girls name "Do you know why I'm here?" Lorraine asked and The girl nodded "Well, your mom has told me about what's been going on and I'm here to help, if I can.Would you like to talk about it?" Janet shrugged "You know, when I was about your age, um, I was visiting my mom at a hospital and I saw an angel" Lexi already knew this story because she made her mother tell her this story numerous times a child.
Janet smiled  so Lorraine carried on "Yeah. It was standing next to a little boy's bed and It was just gently touching his cheek and then it stopped and it looked right at me. Of course, my mom and the nurses did not believe me, but I knew it was real" Lorraine looked down at her feet "Look, I know how it is. I know what it's like to lose your friends because you're different. But I also know that one person can change everything and you just have to open up to them" Janet was quiet for a second.
Janet finally spoke "How did you know you could trust the people you opened up to?" Lorraine looked at Lexi as she said that "I didn't. Sometimes I got hurt and it took a long time, but I finally found someone who believed me" Lorraine smiled as she thought about Ed.
Janet asked "What did you do then?" Lorraine never got to reply because Lexi replied for her " she married him" Lexi shrugged and Lorraine smiled and so did Janet.
Janet sighed "I'm just so tired I can't sleep here. I used to go to the medical room at school and they let me sleep there because I was so worn out.But now I can't even do that and everyone's afraid of me. I got no friends. No place I can go to and it makes me feel like I'm not normal" Janet let the tears fall.
Lexi knew this feeling all too well and Lexi felt the tears fall silently down her cheek. Lexi wiped away the tears "You know, whatever it is doing this to you wants you to feel this way ".
"But why?" Janet asked Lorraine sighed  and once again Lexi replied to Janet "Because that's what makes it stronger and you can't let it ." Lexi said with a fight with in her.

Peggy Hodgson made her way down stairs with Maurice, Ed and Judy " Around the time this all started,Janet started waking up here in the middle of the night" Peggy pointed to a rather well used and well sat on brown leather armchair.

Maurice spoke up "This is the spot that Janet said Bill Wilkins died, right here" Judy stood as far away from the chair as possible because it was giving out horrible vibes and Judy didn't like it.

Ed was oblivious to how Judy felt "Where'd you get it from?" Ed asked as he looked the arm chair over.

Peggy wasn't sure where she got it because it had been there since she could remember "Uh...My ex-husband bought all the furniture with the house when we moved in" Peggy shrugged.

Ed knew this was going to be a awkward question but had to be asked "If you don't mind me asking...Uh, is your ex-husband still in the picture?" Ed was bracing himself for the reply he was expecting.

Peggy surprised Ed when she just said "Nope" rather sharply.

Ed sighed "I'm sorry to hear that. Any chance of reconciliation?" Ed knew this wasn't a great question either but needed to know the family Dynamics.

Peggy just said matter of a factly "He had twins with a woman from round the corner" Ed was silent until he replied "So I'm gonna take that as a "no."" Peggy shrugged "- Yeah, it's been a lot to deal with. He took all the music the day he left." Ed nodded. Ed glanced at Judy to check on her and Judy gave her dad a small smile.

Ed nodded "I know it must feel like that sometimes..." Ed never got to finish is sentence because Peggy butted in "No. I mean, literally.He took all the records.My kids used to love listening to his Elvis collection,They've been through so much" Ed nodded once again "Hmm" Ed said agreeing with Peggy Hodgson

Peggy sighed "And now, all this is happening on top" Ed agreed "Yeah. The timing isn't a coincidence.Negative entities often feed off emotional distress.They like to kick you when you're down."

Peggy frowned "That hardly seems fair" Judy shook her head and said "No, it really isn't" Ed turned round to look at Judy and gave her a warm smile and held out his arm and Judy walked over towards her father and hugged him.
Meanwhile back outside in the back yard Lorraine and Lexi were, there was a second of silence until Lorraine spoke up again "Do you know when the voice is gonna speak?" Lexi looked at Judy who shrugged "Sometimes" Lexi was swinging her swing backwards and forwards gently.
"And when it does, does it feel like it's coming from inside you?" Lorraine asked and Janet shook her head "No More like it's coming from behind me Like I'm being used" Lorraine nodded.
"Does it ever say things just to you? That only you can hear?" Janet nodded slowly.
Lorraine asked "What does it say?" Janet was about to reply but Lexi spoke up "It said it wants to hurt you...all of us" Lorraine was so shocked she looked at Lexi "When did it say that?" Janet spoke this time as she looked right at Lexi "Right now".