Burnt and torn sweater

Today was Monday which could only mean one thing and that was school! Oh boy how I hated
" Lexi, Honey get ready for school" I hear Grandma call up the stairs School that was the Word I dreaded the most knowing that "they would be there" and they would taunt me about the sleep over at Beth's  .I lay in bed staring at the ceiling dreading school. Ever since I started school some girls took a disliking to me because i am a straight A student and I did enjoy learning and the fact that I was different from them but I would do my absolute best to stay as normal as possible that's why I joined the cheer squad.
"Lexi, are you up yet?" I heard Gran call again bringing me out of my day dream.

groaning I unwillingly got up throwing the covers back and walked into my bathroom heading directly for the shower. Once in the shower wash my hair and let the warm water was over me and I close my eyes.
I finally get out of the shower I wrap my hair in a towel and brushed my teeth.

I changed into a pair of skinny jeans, a baggy t shirt and a pair of grey converse and a black choker . Once I was dressed I took off my towel and dried my hair brushing my long dark brown hair which is very straight which guess I'm got from Mom. I quickly glance at myself in the mirror.

Sighing at my appearance "I look like such a geek, no wonder they all hated me" I whispered to myself. A few tears slipped my cheeks but I quickly brushed them away.
I rushed down stairs and into the open planned kitchen. I open the cupboards settling for Lucky charm cereal,
Once I was done with my cereal I put the bowl in the dishwasher when Gran walked in the kitchen with her hair in rollers.
" ready to go? Where's your sister?" Gran asks putting her ear rings in " I don't know her room i guess" I shrug.
We left for school where Gran dropped us off and headed to work.

One lesson I think to myself as I walk down the school hall, one lesson until the end of the day. If I can avoid Beth and the rest of her silly little gang for one more lesson then I won't have to talk to her at all at school today. I pray to myself that I can go through the rest of the day without seeing them; however my prayers aren't answered as I feel myself get slammed into the side of the lockers. I look up to see myself surrounded by Beth and her gang. Beth Is holding me up against the locker with a sinister look on her face,

"Well, look who it is everyone " Beth smirked.
" it's the freak, who totally freaked us out at my sleep over the other night" Beth narrow her eyes at me.

"Just let me go" I say as I try to get out her grip only to be pushed back into the locker hard

"No, I don't think so freak, just look at her she is an absolute freak just like her odds and creepy parents that go round people's houses taking to thin air and getting paid for it" everyone laughed.

"let me go" I plead.

"Listen up I am only going to say this once...you are nothing......you are a worthless....you are a fat idiotic ugly freak who will never amount to anything ever! You will end up in a sanitarium just like your freaky parents should be for talking to their own shadow" She says as she lets me go and I slide down to the floor and her gang walk of yelling names at me as they go.
" your mom might be the best Medium in town but you think she would have know she ended up with you as her daughter she would have Smothered you at birth if she was given the chance.....you Lexi her freaky child will never be invited to a sleep over again" Beth  said glaring at me with a smirk upon her face.
" totally.. I see her and her sister Judy and I am like how are they related?" Kendall said laughing as they rounded then corner.
The people that curled round to see Beth's attack me were now dwindling away and that's when I could see Judy standing with her friends and all I could see in her eyes was pity and sadness.
I got up wiped away the tears that slipped down my cheeks with the back of my hand and closed my locker and walked down the hall passing Judy where our eyes met once more before I looked away feeling the hurt after knowing my sister saw the whole thing and did absolutely nothing to stop it.
I  rushed into the girls restroom and I looked at my appearance in the mirror only to see a vision of my of my former happy self. I looked at myself and all I saw was a freak just like Beth said  maybe she was right if mom and dad had smothered me then life would have been better than having me the freaky daughter who sees ghosts and to top it all of I felt an absolute geek in my clothes that I used to love but now hate.
The pain in my behind and back was now so painful I  knew I  needed to go to the school nurse for painkillers but I knew that the nurse would phone grandma and even worse phone mom or dad and I couldn't let that happen so I chose to rather put up with the pain than my parents coming home early and coming to the school which would make the situation worse.