Rooted

"Do we really need that?" Peggy Hodgson asked as she looked at the tray with a jar full of water and a cup on a side table.
Ed spoke first "We'd like to be able to prove to the Church that she's not making the voice herself.So, by holding the water in her mouth,we'll be able to show that it's not some form of ventriloquism" Peggy nodded nervously. Peggy, Lorraine, Judy, Lexi and mr gross we're sat on the sofa whilst Ed sat in a separate arm chair. Janet was sat on the chair in the corner of the room so she was facing them all.
Peggy was so anxious seeing Janet in that horrible chair "Does she have to be in the chair?Just...It makes me sick to see her sitting there like that" Janet was quiet.

Lorraine spoke up "We know it's hard, but the spirit has shown an attachment to this spot. It'll be easier for Ed to contact it if she's sitting there" Peggy still looked anxious "You'll be all right" she said calmly to Janet who nodded weakly.
Lexi smiled at Janet and gave her a small nod of encouragement and Janet gave a small smile back.
Ed asked "You ready for this?" Janet sighed "I guess so" Ed pushed record on the recording device.

Ed led the investigation "It's December the 21st, This is Ed and Lorraine Warren,sitting with Peggy and Janet Hodgson and Also present is Maurice Grosse, Lexi Warren and Judy Warren" Ed looked round at everyone to see if they were ready to begin. Janet poured herself a cup of water and took a sip and held the water in her mouth "All right. Let's get started. If there's something here that would like to communicate with us, we're all ears. Speak up. What do you want with this girl and her family?" Ed demanded calmly. Lexi shifted in her seat which made her mother glance at her but Lexi just looked away.
Janet reached out for a cup and emptied the water that was in her mouth " It says it won't talk with you all looking at me like this" Ed frowned and Maurice said "Strange! I wonder why not? It's not been shy about talking up until now" no one really knew what to say so they didn't say anything.

Ed suggested "How about if we all turn our backs? Think it'll speak if we do that?" Janet shrugged "Maybe" Judy was feeling uncomfortable but she didn't want to let anyone know so she sat quietly.

"Well...Let's try this again" Janet took another sip of water and again and once Janet had done that Ed began to speak "So what do you think, Bill? We've given you your privacy.Now come on out and talk to us" Lexi felt the hairs on the back on her neck stand up making her shiver. Judy glanced at Lexi and they shared a knowing glance.
Suddenly there was this deep male voice "Here I come" the voice said with a chuckle as he was playing.
Ed took a deep breath "Am I talking to the spirit that's oppressing this family?" Ed asked.
Bill answered "Is that what I am? Is that what I'm doing?" Bill asked and Ed answered calmly "Yes .And I have come to put a stop to it. Do you know who I am?" Ed questioned Bill.

Bill replied "Ed, Eddie.Edward" Bill chuckled "Ed is fine." Ed replied calmly.

Ed replied "Your father called you Edward didn't he Lexi " Bill said and Ed shook his head "Not true. My father called me Ed, just like everybody else. Come on, Bill. You're not a psychiatrist and I'm not here to talk about my father and my child isn't here to speak to you .Let's get down to business, what do you say?" Ed says to Bill
" Hmm? I'm not so sure, isn't that right Lexi" Ed and Lorraine shared a knowing glance before they glanced at Lexi who took a deep breath and sighed.
Ed looked at Lexi and then at Lorraine for a split second before he started talking again "Why don't you
just leave my daughter out of this but most of all leave these people alone?" Ed demanded.

Bill replied "Because this is my house!"

Ed disagreed " It's not your house" bill wasn't having it.

"Yes, it is. I come here to see my family, but they're not here now" Bill sounded disappointed.

"That's because you're dead. If your family did live here, they're long gone now." Ed replied