07

There is a reason why I don't want to mention names and wrote Cyrus's pov in 3rd person pov lol

There is a reason why I don't want to mention names and wrote Cyrus's pov in 3rd person pov lol. You'll understand when you read further. Anyway 95% of the book will be in 1st person pov. So please don't complain.

════════════════

"I'm going to fuck you."

For a split second, Cyrus wondered if he was having a hallucination, but then he realized no figment of his imagination would act so impermissibly wild and utterly shameless. No, he hadn't hallucinated it. Those words tumbled out of a female creature who stood in his foyer, effortlessly wearing mischief on her lips and seduction on her hips even when she was drunk-as-a-sunk.

The cognizance sent a wave of fury through him, elevating his heartbeat. He wasn't mad at her for trespassing with his privacy, but for looking him in the eye. For as long as he could remember, Cyrus was always told that his gaze unnerved people. Maybe because he clinically observed everything and reserved his judgments to himself almost entirely. So, very few were immune to looking him in the eye and not feeling perturbed. However, a certain female creature reveled in his gaze to a fault.

And that was unacceptable to his convictions.

"How narcissistic of you," he rebuked, his hands itching for a cigarette.

"Freedom of seduction," she argued, bewitching blue eyes twinkling with mischief. "I mean speech — whatever fits the context."

"While you linger in that murkier territory mentally, retract to your property, or I'm calling the cops," he threatened, needing to get rid of her presence from his vicinity.

"Way to drown my ovaries in a tub of cold water, Mr. Hudson," she whined, her pink lips puckering. Ignoring the innuendo, he tore his eyes away from the female creature whom he considered was a bane to his sanity and gazed at the files lying on the table.

The files with terms and conditions for tomorrow's meeting. If everything went as planned, Celestina would sell her shares to Hayden Evans. Tomorrow was a big day. And this female creature, a poor excuse for an assistant, would have a hangover.

Great. Just what he needed.

"Miss Halifax." His tone had an edge to it. "Out. Now."

Her brows knitted. "Why you always so rude, bro?"

Bro?! Now, she was placing him in the brother zone? Little piece of—

Don't swear.

One. Two. Three.

"Miss Halifax," he warned, cutting her a glare.

"Don't call me that!" A half-pleading and half-demanding sound underlined her voice, twisting something inside him when he scrutinized the pain rounding her bewitching eyes. "I hate that name..."