15

This chapter has smut and is around 4k words so I hope you guys like it.

════════════════

For all my bravado and going out despite Cyrus' admonishment, all Xayvion did was bring me out to a shopping mall and dragged me to the gaming area where we occupied an empty foosball table.

"Seriously, I dressed up for clubbing?"

"Even high, I wouldn't take you clubbing after your drink was spiked last night," reasoned Xayvion, gazing down at the ball before twisting his rod so the player could hit it to the goal.

Acting on my impulse, I turned my rod to block the ball from making a goal.

"I don't plan on starving, you jackass!" I mumbled, eyes never leaving the table.

Pushing one of his rods to move his player, he shoved his hand inside his jacket and fished out a packet of gummy bears. Throwing the packet at me, he twisted his rod, making a goal while I tried to catch the packet.

"Gummy bears?" I ridiculed him, ignoring the part where he had unfairly made a score by keeping me preoccupied.

He shrugged. "Better than vodka shots."

"You bet," I mumbled, tearing open the packet and popping one bear into my mouth.

"You witch!" Xayvion screamed. "The law is to eat two at a time so they won't die alone."

I rolled my eyes. "And if I eat them together, they might copulate."

"Cinderella's vocabulary is rubbing off on you." A grin split Xayvion's lips.

Silencing him with a look, I started playing the game so his attention would divert from Cyrus and my twisted attraction to him. By the time Xayvion and I emptied the packet of gummy bears, Xayvion scored five while I scored four.

Xayvion's eyes met mine. "Are we going to talk about yesterday?"

"I'm sorry," I whispered, sneaking a look at the Snapchat notifications flooding my screen.

"For what?"

"Remember your uncle Jack?" Nerves jittered in my stomach. "The one who got a divorce a few months back?

He arched a brow. "Yep?"

"His wife divorced him because of his infidelity," I said, eyes on the foosball table.

Since Jack Emmerson was a politician, media personality, and businessman, paparazzi had a field day forecasting the news of his nasty divorce from his wife. And of course, Xayvion would know it.

"I know?"

Hearing the question in his words, I swallowed the lump of shame. Guilt swept over me as I remembered how selfish I had acted.

"I slept with your uncle," I admitted the truth.

Xayvion's jaw was on the floor. "You slept with him even when you knew he was married? Did he force you?"

"No," I shook my head as embarrassment coursed through me. "It sounds horrible when you put it like that. But it would be a lie if I said back then I wasn't selfish."

I didn't know how many women were fine with home wrecking, but I wasn't. Knowing I had caused a divorce wasn't easy, especially when it was Xayvion's uncle.

"Were you a virgin?" Inquired Xayvion, looking neither judging nor angry as he met my gaze directly.

"What?" My brows cinched.