11

IK it is established Aphrodite is shameless. Don't sham her lmao

════════════════

Maybe the stars and everything in the vast night sky were on my side because Cyrus had extended my leave for two days. That night after the storm had calmed, he had driven me to a hospital despite my protests and had made sure I was prescribed a shit ton of pills to treat my fever. Since my fever hadn't been controlled, he had actually shoved pills down my throat.

One good thing that had come from my fucking fever was the answer I had wanted. Aphrodite was another male's. Cyrus told me and I was just determined to prove to him how wrong he was. Aphrodite was nobody's possession, least of all Romeo's. If Romeo was the only one stopping Cyrus from fucking me, then I would show him how irrelevant Romeo was.

Aphrodite Corrine Halifax always gets what she wants. Cyrus Hudson is no exception to that.

Stopping the smile from widening on my lips, I barged into the women's restroom. My steps halted when I registered Katrina Evans washing her hands at the sink. Her eyes clashed with mine in the mirror. Emotions burst in her eyes. Rage. Hatred. Resentment.

Literally why?

She broke the gaze with an eye roll and finished her business, leaving me stunned. As she headed towards the door, my hand clutched her arm, halting her, demanding her attention.

She arched a brow in annoyance.

"What's your problem?" I inquired.

Sarcasm underscored her voice. "Your presence."

Her words fanned an ember of fire in my core. Unwilling to lose my cool, I smiled, cajoling her. "Well, that much is rather obvious, my lady. You made it clear that we have a history. Since I happen to suffer from amnesia, will you deign to just tell me what happened?"

Something rounded her eyes. Was it pity? Then, her eyes fell on the ring on my finger and her expression hardened. I felt rage repel from her.

"Well, why should I?" she asked with a self-satisfied twitch of her lips. "Maybe I'll just let you ponder about it. At least you'll have something to occupy your mind over the course of your monotonous life as Mrs. Faerber."

Monotonous life? Life as Mrs. Faerber? This bitch... She may not be a bitch to others, but she was definitely a bitch to me. And she was proud of it? Just why?

"You seemed to have a problem with my engagement to Faerber. If you have a thing for Romeo, then you've my blessings. Fuck him? Suck him? I couldn't care less." I faked a smile since blowing a puff went against my modus operandi.

Her jaw ticked. "Why would I do that to myself?" She frowned in sheer sarcasm. "It takes your brand of stupidity to find someone like him attractive, Karen."

Karen? Did she call me Karen? This bitch and her audacity...

At least one thing was clear; she wasn't one of Romeo's mistresses. Then she probably hated me for only one thing...

Fuck!

"Then did I fuck your dad? Your brother? Your husband? Your father-in-law? If I did, it is all in the past. Just know that I pose no threat to you in that department." I cut her a look.

Her eyes flashed. "I'm sane enough to never trust you again and wounded enough to put a bullet in your head this time. Maybe you should reconsider who is posing the real threat."