10

Hi, I missed you all.

Also this entire chapter is written in Cyrus's pov. This is one of my fav chapters.

════════════════

"In order for me to hate her, I would have to commit some amount of time to think about her. And I have better ways to waste my time."

Cyrus had told those words to Tyrone a week back.

Yet, after a week, at tonight's family dinner, Cyrus was asked the same question by Tyrone. "Why do you hate her?"

Well, for starters that female creature had made a borderline pedophile out of him with her lies. That was something that should be frowned upon because Cyrus loathed pedophiles. And then she moaned his name. The sight of her pleasuring herself was disturbing and tempting to a point that he was resorting to his hand services in the shower. Frankly, he hadn't done that even as a teen so the temptation spoke volumes. She was proposing cheating — like making a manstress out of him. How dare she?

Lastly, she had forgotten him. He had been in her blood, had pulsed in her heart, had given her the essence of life. And what did she do? She obliterated everything from her memory. If she had a problem, she would run into one of his cousins' arms. For some inexplicable reason, he hated it. Maybe it was because of the fact that she didn't trust him as she had once proclaimed to trust him.

"Hey, earth to, Cyrus!" Xayvion's voice snapped his string of thoughts. "Tyrone asked you something."

Caught off-guard, he blinked.

"You seemed to be rather obsessed with her. Ever considered confessing your inexplicable love to her instead of harassing everyone about her?" Cyrus' shoulders stiffened, the implication of those words leaving a bitter feeling.

A feminine choking sound came from his left and he gazed at the scene. Celestina was patting Rosaleigh's back in an attempt to reduce her coughing fit. To his right, Tyrone was holding back his laughter but the twist of his lips was unmistakable. Xayvion was glaring at Cyrus as though he had butchered his favorite pet.

Xayvion loving Aphrodite? No. Just no. He would rather endure a meteorite crash but not this disaster.

The blonde grunted. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"That's a never-ending list," Tyrone mused.

"Very funny," Cyrus deadpanned, positively annoyed with his cousins.

Celestina veered the conversation to something political and Cyrus resorted to his silence, having his dinner peacefully.

After dinner, the cousins lounged at Tyrone's wine cellar. While two of them grabbed each a glass of expensive wine, Cyrus smoked a cigar. A bark shrilled in the room before a dog bolted towards Tyrone, who smiled faintly at the dog. Leaning forward, he raked his fingers through the Alaskan Malamute's white fur in a soft caress, looking almost... happy. It was so odd for Cyrus to see Tyrone so carefree and content.

"Heel," he commanded. The dog obliged without an ounce of resistance, his tail wagging comically. "Good boy, Lorcan."

Lorcan. Wasn't that the name Celestina wanted to name their kid when she had been pregnant with Tyrone's child? Why would she name a pet after that name? Wouldn't it remind her of the miscarriage?

Cyrus' eyes locked with Tyrone's eyes. "I thought you hated dogs."

The smile on his cousin's face extended as he shrugged, "I do and I bought this cockblocker for Licorice. She is learning to cope with the miscarriage."