06

Thank you for the 10k reads

Thank you for the 10k reads. I love you all

════════════════

The creepy anonymous messages never stopped.

In fact, I had gotten nearly five of them in the last three days.

My gut feeling was Romeo was the fucker who was fucking with my head with anonymous messages. Maybe he was stalking me with hidden cameras and listening bugs. I wouldn't put it behind him because the fucker was holding my nudes over my head. So, I had purchased a bug-sweeping device and camera detector and had checked every inch of Romeo's apartment. I hadn't found any hidden devices or bugs. I wasn't sure if to be happy that Romeo wasn't micro-inspecting my life or be mad that the stalker was smarter than me.

The absence of bugs opened doors to new questions in my mind: Did Romeo assign his lapdogs to make sure I wasn't fucking anyone behind his back? Or did he have some ulterior motive?

He had called them 'bodyguards', as if I needed their protection if someone were to abduct me.

Anyway, the lapdogs in question were slugs. Since they had been slumbering right at the doorway, I had managed to get them off my tail when I came down to the gym.

I was neither a couch potato nor a fitness freak. However, since grating on my boss' celibate nerves had been my mission lately, I went to the residential gym in the apartment.

The gym offered its members way more than a primer on jabs, letting them hone in on different combat disciplines, strength and conditioning by providing a wide range of fitness equipment. The gym was worth a visit for two reasons: its floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the hilly range and my boss in gym wear. Seriously, sporting Cyrus Hudson in a pair of gray sweatpants was as much a treat to my eyes as it was a temptation to my highly functioning female hormones.

Cyrus' navy blue t-shirt was drenched in sweat, the cloth sticking to his toned muscles. He feverishly sprinted on the treadmill, his agile muscles flexing under the stress, his stony facial features reluctant for any bullshit. My eyes swung to his crotch on automation and heat blasted my cheeks.

"Good morning, Mr. Hudson," I chirped, running on the treadmill beside him.

His eyes shot to me instantly. He pressed the stop button on the control panel and furrowed his brows, his eyes scanning my outfit.

A pair of black athletic shorts, a black sports bra, and a pair of white sneakers added a flattering effect to my body, even when exposing a generous proportion of my limbs and curves. Generous enough that they were already perverts eyeing me. Generous enough that Cyrus' eyes stayed on my body longer than they ever did. Generous enough that his eyes found who was perving on me.

When I was certain he would give me one of his trademark looks of disdain, he cocked an eyebrow at me. "Romeo's apartment has an inbuilt gym. Why are you here?"