01

Thank you for the 4k views already

Thank you for the 4k views already. I love you all.

TG: Sexual Assault

════════════════

It's called karma, and it's pronounced 'haha fuck you'.

The quote from an Instagram post I had liked a year back was very relatable to my situation. Although I had never uttered those words to any wicked person in their distress, I was certain that was what the world would tell my face if I opened my lips to speak about my curse. What a curse it was to be fettered by the same family who had covered up my sins.

I stared between my legs, sealing my lips shut to not give away any signs of the pain from last night's assault. The physical pain would ebb, but the mental torture wouldn't unless I forgot about last night. Fortunately for me, there wasn't much I remembered since I had knowingly taken a spiked drink last night. Any sane person would have refused to drink it, not me.

Aphrodite Corrine Halifax was anything but sane.

"Are you on the pill?" Romeo questioned, eyes observing like I was some laboratory rodent he'd be experimenting with soon.

Yes.

Running my manicured fingers on the silky cushion, feeling the curvature of its stitching, I arched a brow at him. "Why would I? Isn't that the whole point of this arrangement?"

An unpardonable sin. An inescapable curse. An enslaving engagement. This was not how my life was supposed to be, but it was what it was.

"Then I'm hoping you'll be impregnated soon." He nodded his head, glancing at me through the mirror as he buttoned his shirt. Such an unruly course made me sick to the bones. Romeo was always insistent on making sure we'd domestic time after 'our date nights', and every such act was a harsh reminder of how I was bound against my will and was violated against my consent. Unlike the other times, he brought me to his apartment instead of dropping me off at my place.

It all started exactly a year back at my friend Tyrone's house when I'd gone there to give my other friend Xayvion a ride back home. Romeo and his friends had seen me there. Although initially, they'd wanted to bed Celestina, when their attempts at luring her to their bed turned futile, I'd become their prey accidentally — or rather Romeo's prey.

I'd blamed one man for this colossal mess. The man who grated on my nerves just by breathing air in the same room as I did: Cyrus Hudson. He was perfection in the form of six feet three inches. And like any moderately hormonal woman, I'd tried to strike a conversation with him. Okay, tried to seduce him. That was when Romeo and his friends had seen me. I'd become their challenge. While his friends had moved on with their lives, Romeo had made it his mission to fetter me against my will.

"Mother's pulmonologist says the treatment could keep my mother alive for hardly two years. If I've to fulfill her last wish to see my child, then you'll have to be impregnated soon. I want to remind you, we're running out of time, Candy," he grumbled, picking up a cologne from the dressing table.