Teammates? More Burden I Guess

Previously:

"Ugh... For a goddess like me to be humiliated by a toad, how could we retreat! I am already defiled. If a believer saw how dirty I am, their faith would definitely plummet! If people knew I ran from toads, it would be a disgrace to the name of the beautiful goddess Aqua!" Aqua then charged towards the giant toad.

"Ah! Hey, hold up, Aqua!" I stopped Aqua but she ignored my restraint, drawing closer to the toad using her moment to throw a punch at the belly of the toad.

"Feel the wrath of a goddess! You dare to oppose a goddess? Repent in hell! God Blow!" she shouted with all her might.

I remembered the staff in the guild telling me that physical attacks weren't effective against giant toads. Her fist sunk into the soft abdomen, while the toad seemed unaffected... Aqua looked at the toad meekly in the eye and said softly:

"... Look, looking closely, toads are actually quite cute right?"

... And so, I defeated the 2nd giant toad that stopped moving as it attempted to swallow its prey. The adventure for today ended with me bringing a wailing goddess covered in slime back to town.

I really need to know how to deal with those creatures as safely as possible.

Back to Present:

"I get it. Just us two isn't enough. We'll recruit more members!" I said, as I tried to stop Aqua pestering me while I'm eating.

After returning to town, the first thing we did was head to the bath house to wash up. We then ate fried toad meat in the Adventurers guild and discuss our plans. Apart from being a meeting place for adventurers, the adventurers guild also doubled as a bar. It allowed adventurer to sell the monster they hunted as well and cooking tasty monsters was also a selling point.

We sold the meat of the two toad we hunted to the guild, earning some allowance. The toad was too big for the two of us to carry, even if I tried to chop it into pieces. But if you turn in a request to the guild, they will provide delivery service, transporting the monster we defeated. Selling one toad and deducting the transport fee, we earned 5000 Eris.

The earnings were about the same as doing construction work. But the slightly tough fried toad meat was unexpectedly tasty, which made me surprised. When I first came to this world, I was a bit hesitant about eating lizard and toads. But when it was prepared and served to me, I found it to be delicious. Although the goddess before me ate anything without hesitation.

"But... Even if we want to recruit comrades, do you think anyone would want to team up with novices like us who don't even have proper equipment?" I told her with concern.

With a mouthful of toad meat, Aqua waved the fork in her hand; "Wiff mi hare, yuu juice node-..." I chopped her head off, making her stop speaking as her mouth is full, and I can't understand what she's saying.

"Swallow. Swallow before you speak."

After Aqua swallowed, she said: "With me here, I just need to holler and people will line up to join us. I am a high cleric after all, the top tier job! I can use all sorts of healing spells, support magic, relieve poison and paralysis status. I can even perform resurrection, definitely a talent any team would want. I might have fallen into the mortal world and my power were far from my peak, but I am still a goddess... Ahem! I am Aqua-sama after all! I just need to put up a notice and a bunch of people begging me to 'bring me along to missions' will show up! If you understand, then give me another piece of fried toad meat! Wa~! ha~! ha~! Ha~!"