Arc 2: Destroyer's Destruction

Ugh... This story feels so hard to write, so if you think it's messy, I'm sorry in advance. This is what I get for doing this on fcking 2 am instead of sleeping

Other than that, new chapter? What am I doing with my life? lol

Enjoy the mess that I made :D

Word Count: 6264 (U already know)

Destroyer's Destruction

"Destroyer alert! Destroyer alert! The Mobile Fortress: Destroyer is approaching this town! All adventurers please report to the adventurers guild with all your gear on! The citizens in town, please evacuate immediately!"

Oh shit...

What the hell is that monster's business on a starter town...

"Kazuma, we're running! Hurry up and pack! The further we run away the better." Aqua shouted in panic as she pulls out a wagon, with her stuff on it.

"Kazuma, the Mobile Fortress: Destroyer, is a dangerous creature. Fighting that thing is just reckless...

Now why are you two chickening out so soon?

"Eh... what's with the two of you? The guild issued an emergency broadcast, so let's put on our equipment and head over." After hearing what I said, the two of them raised their brows in confusion.

"Kazuma, what nonsense are you saying? Don't tell me you want to fight the mobile fortress destroyer?" Aqua was shocked.

Or rather, I just heard the emergency broadcast and had no clear idea on what's going on... But from how tensed the broadcasting voice was, I could tell that the thing that was approaching was bad news.

"Kazuma, the thing that is approaching the town is renowned for destroying everything except the renowned Axis cultist. The ultimate bounty target, the Mobile Fortress: Destroyer. Taking that thing on would be reckless." Megumin explained. Aqua's eyes twitched upon hearing her explanation.

"Oii... Why are you speaking about my believers in such a way? Wiz said something like that too, why are you so afraid of these children? They are all good and normal children!" Aqua retorted, but was ignored.

"Aqua not now!... Megumin, can't you just blow it up with an explosion or something?" I asked.

Megumin said in response: "It won't work. The Destroyer has a powerful magic barrier, which makes it to have no problems blocking a couple of explosion spells."

Tch... how strong was that Destroyer really?! Based on how they interpret it, That thing was a creature to not mess with. It's destruction capabilities are tremendous... But I can't really just estimate it on words alone.

As I tried to debate on my mind, Darkness appeared from the mansion... Fully decked with heavy armor, plus the glasses I gave her.

"What are you still doing here, Kazuma... Standing there still, you should prepare! Based on your nature, you're going to the guild right?" Darkness said to me... You're not really right. Just hearing the word of it already gives me shivers. But... I couldn't just leave this place yet... Especially the mansion!

But, I'm impressed. Unlike these two, who we're supposed to be powerhouses, were cowering in fear. But Darkness, instead of packing her things and running away, She grabbed her equipment. Crusaders really don't abandon anyone at all...

"Hey, you two, you should learn from her! After living in this mansion and town for so long, don't you have any attachment to it? Hurry, we are going to the guild!" I lectured the two who were still shaking in fear.