You Asked For a Duel? You Pay the Price!

Previously:

"A used-up goddess~... Is being transported along~..." Aqua sang, still inside the cage, hugging her knees inside. "I'm sure they're taking me~... Away to be sold~..."

"Ehh... Hey Aqua, we are already back in town, can you stop singing that song? We are gathering a lot of attention just by dragging a battered cage with a woman hugging her knees inside. And it's safe back in town, it's about time you come out." I tried to get Aqua outside of the cage.

"Don't wanna. This is my holy realm. The world outside is scary, I don't want to come out for now." The horse dragged the cage with Aqua who refused to come out inside.

We completed the quest safety and returned to town. Under the gaze of the townsfolk, we head for the guild. Because Aqua who don't want to come out and walk, our speed was slow despite the horse helping to drag the cage.

But aside from the psychological trauma, there was no damage worth mentioning. Although I wanted to try out my equipment and spells, it was still great to finish the quest easily with the help of those girls.

Completing the quest without any issues was great... Maybe it was because I raised a flag with my thoughts.

A man suddenly shouted and rushed to Aqua who shut herself inside the cage and grab the bars.

"God-goddess-sama! Isn't this goddess-sama? What are you doing in such a place!" The man shouted, asking Aqua something

Ahhh... this is gonna be a pain in the neck.

Back to Present:

A man suddenly rushed towards Aqua, who shut herself inside the cage and grab the bars.

And amazingly, the bars that held up to the bites of the brutal  alligator was bent easily by this guy and he offered a hand to Aqua

And amazingly, the bars that held up to the bites of the brutal alligator was bent easily by this guy and he offered a hand to Aqua. Ignoring Megumin and me who were dumbstruck, the unknown man reached for the speechless Aqua...

"... Hey, don't act familiar with my companion and touch her. Who are you? If she knew you, why would Aqua not have any reaction?" As the man was about to take Aqua's hand, Darkness stopped him.

Unlike her envious eyes when she saw Aqua surrounded by brutal alligator, Darkness was now a shield protecting her comrades, a proud crusader... It would be great if she always act this way...

The man glanced at Darkness, sighed and shook his head. His demeanor seemed to be saying he didn't want to create trouble but he had no choice. The man's attitude clearly pissed off Darkness who doesn't normally show her emotion openly.

As the tension rose, I went to Aqua who continued to hug her knees and refused to leave the cage despite the situation and whispered:

"... Hey, it's someone you know right? He called you goddess-sama just now. Go and handle that man." After hearing what I said, Aqua made a 'what are you talking about?' face and...