Skills, Treasures (Panties) And Cabbages

Skills, Treasures (Panties) and Cabbages

Previously:

-"I get it. Just us two isn't enough. We'll recruit more members!" I said, as I tried to stop Aqua pestering me while I'm eating.

- With a mouthful of toad meat, Aqua waved the fork in her hand; "Wiff mi hare, yuu juice node-..." I chopped her head off, making her stop speaking as her mouth is full, and I can't understand what she's saying.

"Swallow. Swallow before you speak."

After Aqua swallowed, she said: "With me here, I just need to holler and people will line up to join us. I am a high cleric after all, the top tier job! I can use all sorts of healing spells, support magic, relieve poison and paralysis status. I can even perform resurrection, definitely a talent any team would want. I might have fallen into the mortal world and my power were far from my peak, but I am still a goddess... Ahem! I am Aqua-sama after all! I just need to put up a notice and a bunch of people begging me to 'bring me along to missions' will show up! If you understand, then give me another piece of fried toad meat! Wa~! ha~! ha~! Ha~!"

-"I am Megumin! I am what they call an Arch-Wizard. One who commands and uses the strongest offensive spell, Explosion...!"

-"...Are you here to tease us?"

-"Please pick me! Please let me join your party!" Suddenly my danger sense has picked up... Oh no.

-"That is perfect! To be honest, I am confident in my strength and durability, I am not too agile with my hands... So... I can't hit the enemy..."

-"So you don't need to mind me having a top tier job. I will just charge ahead without a care, so just abuse me like a shield."

-"No, how could I let a girl act like a shield. My party is super weak, so the attack will really hit you. The monsters might gang up on you in every fight!" I retorted, but I think it didn't work.

"That's the way I like it." Huh? Is she what I think it is...?

"No, how should I put this, my 2 companions were eaten by toads and covered in slime! This might happen every day-!"

"That's exactly what I want!" Yep. She's one of those... a Masochist... and an extreme one at that.

Why?! Why are the ones who are trying to join us are weirdos?!

Back to Present:

"Nah, I have something to ask the both of you. How do you learn skills?" I asked both of the girls, as I'm looking at my Adventurer's Card.

The day after fighting the toads. We were having a late lunch at the guild's bar. Before me was the penniless Megumin who didn't have any proper meal before meeting us and was focusing on eating her set meal. And Aqua calling for the waitress to order more food. Their appetites were too good for ladies of this tender age.

... Two women and a single man is still a harem party, but it was totally not feminine... Megumin lift her head while holding her fork and said:

"Learning skills? That's easy, look at your card and choose from the 'skills that could be learned' column... Oh right, Kazuma's job is adventurer. For basic tier jobs, you need someone to teach you the skills. You need to see the skill in action and ask the user to teach you how to use it. 'Skills that could be learned' will show up, and you could learn the skills by putting in the required skill points." I see.