Sudden Attack [Not Really] (-_-)

Sudden Attack (Not Really)

Previously:

"Have you heard? Rumor says that a boss of the demon king army had taken over an old castle which is situated in the hills a short walk from town." In the corner of the bar operated by the guild, I was listening to a man sitting at my table and drinking during the day.

"Ehh? A boss from the demon king army? That sounds bad, but it had nothing to do with us right?" I replied to the man.

"That's right." The man before me agreed with my negative and irresponsible words.

"Kazuma, let's hurry and find a quest! One with lots of weak monsters! I want to test the power of my new staff!" Megumin said suddenly.

"Again? Well if you insist... I also kinda want to fight something. So let's find us some safe and simple quest." I replied.

"No, let's find a quest that can earn lots of money! I cleared my tabs, so I don't even have money for food today!" Aqua responded, with greed in her eyes.

"No, let's find one with strong enemies! One with monsters that have strong attacks and are tough as nails...!" Darkness said, panting on the way.

Hey, there should be a limit on how disunited a party could be.

"Anyway, let's decide after looking at the bulletin board." Everyone followed my suggestion and moved to the bulletin board. And...

"... Weird? Why are there so few requests?" That's right, the board was usually full of request. But there were only a few today. Also...

"Kazuma! Kazuma!" "Haii, Kazuma-desu" "Pick this one, this one! A giant bear showed up in the mountains, its name is black fang..." Megumin shoved the quest paper close to my face.

"Rejected! Hey, what is this? Why are there only high difficulty quests left!?" That's right, all the quests left on the board were beyond our capabilities. As we were filled with doubt, a staff member came to us.

"I am sorry... A boss of the demon army seemed to have moved into a small castle near town... It might had been the influence of the demon army, but the weak monsters in the region had all laid low, resulting in a drastic drop in quests. A band of knights dispatched from the capital would be here next month to take out the boss. But before that, there are only high difficulty quests left..." When she heard the staff member say that, the penniless Aqua screamed.

"Why---?" ...Even I was feeling sympathetic towards Aqua.

"Really... Why did he picked this moment to move here! I don't know what this boss is, but it better watch out if it is an undead!" Aqua complained in tears as she browsed through the employment magazine.

The other adventurers were feeling the same and seemed really down. There were more people getting drunk in broad daylight. I don't know why the boss chose to move here. Frankly speaking, the adventurers in this town were about our level. There were many parties stronger than us, but their powers were still limited. This is the first town novice Adventurers visits, a place for the beginners to learn the basics.

In game terms, a demon king boss should be characters that appears towards the end. We had a hard time fighting toads, there was no way we could take on the boss no matter how many of us there were.

"Well, I guess we have to postpone having quests today." I declared, as I went to go home, back to the stables. Aqua followed me with teary eyes, feeling down as she won't be making money today. Can't be helped.