Arc 2: A New Home For This Party!

A New Home For This Party

I brought Aqua along with me to a certain place. I left Darkness at the guild, so we could grab a hold of a good quest if there was one. Megumin went somewhere early in the morning. She would disappear like that sometimes, but where did she go off to?

This problem was also bugging me for a while... The balance in our party was pretty bad.

The good points were too obvious. Aqua was excellent as an Archpriest. Darkness, the tank in our party, was really tough, and didn't really require healing magic. Megumin's instant damage output was stronger than most other mages, and could often resolve the problem with one spell. But the current issue was the need for stable fire power.

And thus, I had to learn skills and fight. But, as strong my attacks are, it's too unstable. Plus with my terrible mana pool, I can't rely on magic too much. I really wanted some stable skills. And so, after I had leveled up in the dungeon run a few days ago, I came to this store.

"Alright, we are here. Listen Aqua, let me be clear, you can't make a mess or act violently. And don't use any magic, understand?" I reminded Aqua. This was a tiny shop that sold magic items. Aqua looked at the sign of the shop and tilted her head with a confused expression.

"Hey! Why are you restricting me from this and that? I have been meaning to ask you, who do you think I am? A delinquent or a bandit? I am a goddess alright? A holy being!" I dragged Aqua who was complaining non-stop and opened the door of the shop. The bell on the door rang crisply, announcing our arrival to the owner.

"Welcome... Aaaahhh!?" The owner suddenly shouted upon seeing Aqua.

"Aaaahhhh!? You finally showed up, damn undead! You dare set up shop here!? A goddess like me has to sleep in the stables, but you can open a shop? You're getting too full of yourself, lich! I will burn your store down in the name of the gods!" I used the hilt of my sword to knock the head of Aqua who was running amok despite my reminder before entering the shop.

"I-taaaaaaah~!" I ignored Aqua who was sulking in a corner with her hands on her head, and greeted the frightened owner.

"Yo, Wiz, long time no see, I came to visit."

-----

"...Hmmph! doesn't this shop know how to serve tea?!" Aqua complained as she demanded the poor lich to brew her tea.

"Ah, sorry!! I will bring it now!" The poor lich begged on pardon as she proceed to walk to her shelf and brew Aqua tea. So I grabbed Wiz's hand and stopped her.

"Stop it Wiz! You don't have to serve that hooligan tea! I have never heard of a magic item shop that serves tea to its customers!" I told Wiz as I stopped her from following the orders of Aqua, who was picking on her. This was my first time in a magic item shop, so I toured around it, toying with the merchandise. I was holding a small bottle.

"Ah, that will explode on strong impact, so please be careful." Wiz warned me.

"Ah? You serious!?" I put the bottle back in a panic. I reached for another bottle beside it...

"Ah, that one will explode if you open the cap, so..." I placed that bottle back gently, and picked up the one besides it.

"What about this one?"

"It will explode when it touches water."

"...How about that one?"

"It explodes when heated...?