Arc 2: Lessons and Dungeons (Part 1)

Lessons To Heart

Previously:

"Listen to me! Listen!! It's my bad alright! You know, I asked everyone what skills they had when we left town. So this kid told me she could use explosion and I praised her for her abilities. And she said 'let me show you my power', and suddenly used all her mana on an empty grass plain to cast her explosion spell..." I plugged my ears pretending to not hear Dust who was complaining to me.

"Hey, listen to me! After that, we encountered the rookie killer! Maybe it heard the explosion and rushed over. And the important wizard was down at this critical juncture. I already said we should flee, but that crusader charged at it despite not

having armor, and the result is..." I decided to ignore his complaints.

"Hey everyone, this guy will probably report the incident with the rookie killer they encountered to the guild. Let's eat something and rest. Cheers to the formation of the new party!"

"Yeah!!" x3 Hearing what I said, Taylor, Keith and Lynn exclaimed with joy.

"Wait! I apologize! I can kneel before you or anything, but please let me return to my original party!" I sympathised with Dust from the bottom of my heart, and said to him.

"Work hard in your new party from now on."

"I was wrong alright!! I will apologize for this morning so please forgive me!!" Dust begged, bowing on all fours.

"Sigh... now you know the pain that I always experience, try not to diss someone just because they looked weak okay?" I told Dust, which he nodded.

As Lynn, Taylor and Keith were done collecting the bounty for the quest, I claimed my own bounty for killing the Rookie Killer...

"Huuuuuh?!!! You killed a Rookie Killer?" Luna suddenly shouted, which turned everyone's attention to me.

"Yeah! He even did it solo! That was so amazing back there Kazuma!" Keith exclaimed, which everyone was struck in awe.

All I can do was laugh timidly as I was overwhelmed by my party and everyone else's cheers. I hope I can do this again, joining other parties and enjoying the adventure feel. If only I could experience this to my own party... Sigh. I guess this is fine.

Back To Present:

It's been a week since I was decapitated. My body recovered to combat condition, so I raised this suggestion to my companions

who were gathered in the guild.

"Let's go to a dungeon tomorrow." I suggested, which Megumin immediately rejected.

"Don't wanna."

"You have to." I deadpanned.

Unfortunately, Megumin seemed to hate the dungeons. Because Megumin wanted to run, I grabbed her as I dismissed her protest.

"Don't wanna! Don't wanna! I would lose my reason of existence if I go to a dungeon! Explosion magic that might cause the dungeon to collapse can't be used, I would become a normal person!"

"You remember what you said when we first became team mates?! Didn't you say 'I am willing to carry the luggage or anything when exploring dungeons! Please, don't throw me away!'..." When she heard that, Megumin whose sleeve was grabbed by me lowered her head in resignation.

"Listen to me Megumin." I looked at her seriously, which she noticed and looked at me back. "At first, I really don't like to keep you to the party, yet you persisted. So I gave in. And right now, in this short while of the four of us teaming up... I grew to accept you three for who you are. Especially you, Megumin." Megumin gave me a look of shock and blushed.