chapter 16

─── ・ 。゚☆:

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

"I like this new camera, Jon. You said your girlfriend got it for you, right?" Lucy said, snapping a photo of Jonathan studying for their English test tomorrow. Lucy should've been studying too but she thought taking pictures was more fun.

"Nancy isn't my girlfriend," Jonathan grumbled, flipping the page of his textbook.

"Not yet she isn't."

Lucy grinned and took more pictures of herself that would make both of them laugh when Jonathan got the film developed. Most of them were her but some were of Jonathan studying. She was laughing to herself and making lots of noise and Jonathan was getting annoyed. Both of them knew Lucy would ace this test without studying, that's just who she was, but Jonathan needed the review.

"You know, I'm never going to be able to focus if you're making all that noise," Jonathan said, lifting his head to look at Lucy who was sitting at the end of his bed.

She pouted and then sighed, exaggerating getting off the bed. When she got up she put the camera down on his nightstand and pulled her English book out of her bag. Throwing herself back into the bed next to Jonathan, she opened the book and placed it on her lap, pretending to read it so he would stop complaining.

After a while of her following the words with her finger, Jonathan noticed and rolled his eyes.

"I know you're not going over anything," Jonathan said, turning to face her. "How about we go over it together?"

"Okay," she said, sitting up.

The two of them studied together for a couple hours until Joyce popped in the room to tell Jonathan she had to leave and drop Will off at the arcade.

"Oh, I can do it, Joyce!" Lucy offered.

"No, no, I won't make you."

"I was leaving soon anyway and it's on my way home so it's really no problem." Lucy stood up and put her books away, trying to pack up fast before Joyce changed her mind.

"Well, okay."

"See you later, Jon," Lucy said, waving him goodbye before leaving and going into Will's room. "You ready, Bud?"

He nodded and they walked out of the house, going to Lucy's car. The radio instantly kicked on as the two pulled out, 'Should I Stay or Should I Go' by The Clash being the first thing on the radio. Noticing it was Will's favorite song, Lucy cranked it up as she drove towards the arcade.

"Your mom said she's coming to pick you up in two hours so that's," Lucy looked at the clock, "nine o'clock on the dot. If anything happens and you need to go home just ask to use their phone and call. Okay?"

He got out of the car and was about to walk away when Lucy called him back over.

"Oh, and your mom said don't walk or bike home. Make sure you have some fun, alright!"

Looking behind Will, Lucy saw Mike standing at the door waiting for him. Mike blushed as soon as she saw him, so she gave him a wave and a smile. He gave a tiny wave back and then took Will inside. After they were safely inside, Lucy pulled out and drove home.