chapter 02

─── ・ 。゚☆:

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Lucy's fist rapped on the Byers door. As soon as her hand made contact, the door swung open, like they were expecting someone. The Byers were never usually expecting anyone but her.

Mrs. Byers, who opened the door, didn't even glance Lucy's way as she passed her and walked towards the police cars that had just shown up. Jonathan followed after her but stopped in the doorway when he saw Lucy standing there.

"Hi?" Jonathan questioned.

"I just came to see if there was anything I could do. I-"

"Look, Lucy, right now isn't a good time," Jonathan said, glancing at his frazzled mother talking to the police. Everyone was clearly stressed over the disappearance of the youngest Byers, Will.

"Okay, my dad told me I was supposed to stay home and do nothing. Of course he would say that, he's my dad, but I just need you to tell me to do something. I can't go on without doing anything. I can't just sit on the sidelines this time," Lucy said, muttering the last part.

"You never listen, do you?" Jonathan said, looking down at her with a small smile.

"It's what you like most about me I bet."

"I know you want to help Lucy, but to be honest there's really not much information to go on right now. Unless you're a police officer, you know nothing," Jonathan could tell what he was saying was not helping. "Look, I'll talk to you later. Just go home for now and you'll be the first to know if something happens."

She gave him a questionable look but didn't want to press any further. She only took two steps away from him before she spun back around and gave him a hug. She knew how it felt to lose a sibling, even though they would eventually find Will. She knew they would find Will, they had to.

After the hug, she waved and headed down the steps of the small porch and to her car. Luckily, there was enough space in the Byers yard for the police to not box her in. As soon as she got in her car, she started it and took off back to her house.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

The house was bare when she got home, which wasn't unusual. She knew her dad was out working right now and she was very proud of him. She was glad the police were out looking for Will Byers, he was one of her favorites of the younger boys party. Maybe it was because she was friends with Jonathan or maybe it was because of the cute, little bowl cut he had.

Lucy walked into her room and striped off the clothes she was wearing and put on some comfortable ones. Only after she had got into bed, she realized that Will's friends would definitely be out looking for him tonight no matter what Hop told them.

"Damn it," she muttered. Slipping on converse and a coat, she flew out the door, against her father's wishes. She didn't want to wake up the entire town so she rode her skateboard as fast as she could over to Mike Wheeler's house. Luckily, Mike was just about to leave as she got there.