chapter 14

─── ・ 。゚☆:

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

When they got to the school everyone separated into their designated groups and they got to work. Unfortunately, Lucy got stuck with Dustin and Lucas to set up the pool and prepare it for El to use.

"This damn thing is so heavy. Why are you making me carry this all by myself?" Lucy asked, struggling to carry the large, and unexpectedly heavy, kiddie pool into the gym.

After she set it down, the three got to work on sitting it up straight.

"It's upside down."

A chorus of groans followed and they flipped it over to the right side.

"No, this way."

"Okay, um, how the fuck does this even work?"

Lucy cursed as she tried turning it, seeing if it would stand up, which it didn't. Every time she switched the position, the two boys told her it was wrong. Obviously it was wrong because it fell every time.

"Guys," Lucy said. "I don't think it's supposed to stand without the water in it..."

"Oh."

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

The water was ready and the perfect temperature for El to start looking for the people stuck in the Upside Down. Eleven climbed into the pool and Nancy asked her if she could look for Barb, but it was too late for her. Barb was already gone. Since she was dead, everyone thought the chances for Will to still be alive were slim but Eleven said 'Castle Byers'.

"You tell him I'm coming. Mom is coming," Joyce said, tears falling from her eyes.

The radio they had spiked and they heard a faint voice weakly said, "Hurry."

"Listen, you tell him t-to stay where he is. We're coming, okay," Joyce said, stuttering.

A soft whimpering sound suddenly came through the radio. Eleven gasped, flying up out of the water into a sitting position, breathing heavily.

"I've got you. It's okay. I got you, honey," Joyce said, holding onto El. The water from the pool and tears fell and soaked Joyce's shirt but she didn't care. "You did so well."

"So this fort, where is it?" Hopper asked, sighing.

"It's in the woods behind our house. He used to go there to hide."

After that, Hopper walked out. Joyce followed him and Lucy went to go get a towel for Eleven to dry off with. Even though Lucy wanted to go with her father, she knew he would never let her.

When Lucy got back with the towel, Jonathan was gone, Nancy was in the hallway crying, and Eleven was still sopping wet, but now standing with the boys. She went over to the kids and wrapped El in the towel, giving her a tight hug.